Church in Barneveld
Location in Gelderland
|• Body||Municipal council|
|• Mayor||Asje van Dijk (CDA)|
|• Total||176.69 km2 (68.22 sq mi)|
|• Land||175.96 km2 (67.94 sq mi)|
|• Water||0.73 km2 (0.28 sq mi)|
|Elevation||10 m (30 ft)|
|Population (May 2014)|
|• Density||309/km2 (800/sq mi)|
|Time zone||CET (UTC+1)|
|• Summer (DST)||CEST (UTC+2)|
|Postcode||3770–3785, 3794, 3886|
|Area code||0342, 0577|
Barneveld ( pronunciation (help·info)) is a town and a municipality in the province of Gelderland in the center of the Netherlands. It is known for its poultry industry and large Protestant community. The municipality had a population of 54,356 in 2014, the town itself had a population of 29,756 in 2010.
Barneveld is served by Connexxion at two train stations. Barneveld Centrum is in the centre of Barneveld and the Barneveld Noord railway station in the village of Harselaar, where there is a Park & Ride facility.
Due to the central geographic location of the City and its close proximity to major transport routes Barneveld has become a foundry for innovative industry. Moba, the world's largest manufacturer of egg grading and packing machines. Baan, a longtime leader in the ERP market before it almost collapsed due to "creative" revenue manipulation. Bettink Service en Onderhoud, which is the biggest brand independent wind turbine service company in the Netherlands. Eltomation, which has been involved in the development and worldwide supply of over 160 complete plants and projects for the production of Cement Bonded Boards. EeStairs, that created a DNA-inspired staircase and designed a space-saving stair solution that fits into a tiny 3-foot-by-3-foot space. Paperfoam, a company that is specialised in environmental friendly packaging with a very low carbon footprint. Other locally well known companies are Vink, De Heus, founded in Barneveld, current HQ in Ede, Netherlands and the The Royal BDU Publishing.
There are 3 secondary schools in Barneveld:
- Jacobus Cornelius Kapteyn (1851–1922), astronomer
- Eduard Daniel van Oort (1876–1933), ornithologist
- Egbert Adriaan Kreiken (1896–1964), teacher and astronomer
- Conny van Bentum (born 1965), freestyle swimmer
- Alfred Schreuder (born 1972), footballer and football coach
- Sander van de Streek (born 1993), footballer
- De Hoeksteen, Barneveld (church)
- "College van B&W" [Board of mayor and aldermen] (in Dutch). Gemeente Barneveld. Retrieved 19 June 2014.
- "Kerncijfers wijken en buurten" [Key figures for neighbourhoods]. CBS Statline (in Dutch). CBS. 2 July 2013. Retrieved 12 March 2014.
- "Postcodetool for 3771ER". Actueel Hoogtebestand Nederland (in Dutch). Het Waterschapshuis. Retrieved 19 June 2014.
- "Bevolkingsontwikkeling; regio per maand" [Population growth; regions per month]. CBS Statline (in Dutch). CBS. 26 June 2014. Retrieved 24 July 2014.
- Barneveld in Cijfers
- Bettink Service en Onderhoud
- De Heus
- The Royal BDU Publishing
- Johannes Fontanus College
- De Meerwaarde
- Van Lodenstein College
||Nijkerk, Putten, Ermelo|
|Woudenberg (UT), Scherpenzeel||Renswoude (UT), Ede|