Barney's Hide & Seek Game
|Barney's Hide & Seek|
|Publisher(s)||Sega (North America) 
Tec Toy (South America)
This game was released exclusively to North American and South American markets. It was based on the children's television series Barney & Friends. Educational concepts taught in the game include counting, matching, and problem solving. There is a self-play feature that guides the player to the objective when he or she is not playing.
In this game, the objective is to move Barney around four themed levels and locate five children and five presents that are hiding throughout the level. Should the player find all the children and presents in different levels, they would be rewarded with a "special surprise". During the surprise, the purple balloons are popped while confetti and streamers are drizzled in the presence of excited children in addition to Barney and Baby Bop. Players are unable to lose in the game, even if they did not retrieve all the objects and find all the missing children in the level.
When nowhere near an object to interact with, Barney can blow kisses in the air complete with flying heart symbols. Locating a child results in giving him or her a hug. Barney can even fly on balloons, float on clouds, and jump on nearby platforms. The inability for Barney to die is indicated by him refusing to fall off floating platforms; instead there is a safety lecture handed out by Barney so kids can learn to be careful like him. Cloud jumping is only possible when the traffic light is showing a green signal.
Favorite things are always mentioned by name by Barney when the player helps him discover them. Most of the lines for the game were recorded with the nouns and verbs being fractured; resulting in one-second pauses between non-crucial words and words crucial to gameplay.
This game has mixed reviews based on the game. Allgame gave the game a rating of 4/5. The objective was simple.
- "Developer/genre information". GameSpot. Retrieved 2008-12-09.
- "Gameplay analysis/designer information". MobyGames. Retrieved 2008-12-09.
- "Release date information". GameFAQs. Retrieved 2011-05-21.
- "Basic overview". GameFAQs. Retrieved 2008-11-13.
- "Advanced gameplay analysis". IWebLand (through Internet Archive). Archived from the original on 2006-10-25. Retrieved 2009-04-30.
- "Overview of Barney's voice". Just Games Retro. Retrieved 2012-07-08.
- Barney's Hide & Seek Game on Giant Bomb