Barney (TV series)
|This article does not cite any references or sources. (April 2012)|
|Voices of||Tim Brooke-Taylor
|Country of origin||United Kingdom|
|No. of episodes||13|
|Original run||20 December 1988– 26 April 1989|
Barney is a short-lived British Children's BBC television programme centered on the main characters Barney and Roger. Despite attracting a cult following in the UK, it was considered a relative commercial failure and the show only lasted one series.
- Barney: (Voiced by Tim Brooke-Taylor) An Old English Sheepdog called who has many adventures with best friend Roger.
- Roger: (Voiced by Harry Enfield) A mouse who is constantly seeking fame and fortune and always living on the top of Barney's head inside his hair.
- Desmond: (Voiced by Harry Enfield) An Afghan dog friend with sunglasses that talks in a Michael Caine-ish tone of voice who is head of the TV house.
- Corneila: (Voiced by Jan Ravens) a lovely lady chihuahua who sometimes isn't very keen on Barney's attitude.
- Mr Prophet: (Voiced by Enn Reitel) a Spaniel who sometimes has a depressed attitude but is usually cheerful.
- Lost and Found: Two Dalmatian puppies who were found on Christmas Eve by Barney and were given to Mr Prophet as a Christmas present.
|Episode||Title||Original airdate||Production number|
|1||"Barney's Christmas Surprise"||21 December 1988|
|Two puppies Lost and Found turn up at Barney's doorstep and become the best Christmas present for Mr Prophet.|
|2||"Barney Gets into Mischief"||8 February 1989|
|Barney and his friends go to the fair, but Barney runs into trouble with a hot air balloon.|
|3||"Barney's Hungry Day"||15 February 1989|
|Barney goes on a diet, but Roger shows him the weighing scale is broken.|
|4||"Barney's Treasure Hunt"||22 February 1989|
|Barney attempts at gardening ruin the garden, while Roger works on his own planting.|
|5||"Barney's Forgotten Birthday"||1 March 1989|
|Barney thinks everyone's forgotten his birthday, until Roger gives him a real surprise.|
|6||"Barney Nabs a Crook"||8 March 1989|
|Barney and Roger blame each other for an empty fridge, but a detective reveals Barney ate all the food sleepwalking.|
|7||"Barney's TV Act"||22 March 1989|
|Barney goes to London to become a TV star, but Roger becomes the star instead.|
|8||"Barney's Big Spring Clean"||15 March 1989|
|Barney does spring cleaning in his house, but ends up cleaning Roger's home instead.|
|9||"Barney the TV Director"||29 March 1989|
|Barney wants to be involved in a TV Show at Corneila's house, but his interruptions anger Desmond.|
|10||"Barney's Winter Holiday"||5 April 1989|
|Barney has trouble skiing until a dog called Mitzi helps him and they win a prize.|
|11||"Barney Goes to the Seaside"||12 April 1989|
|On a trip to the seaside, Barney and his friends annoy each other and quickly make up.|
|12||"Barney on TV"||26 April 1989|
|Barney gets a new job in the TV Studio as a stage assistant, which proves to be exhausting.|
|13||"Barney Gets a Visitor"||19 April 1989|
|Byron pays a visit to Barney, but Byron eats him out of house and home. Roger takes care of the problem.|
1.http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0480282/ Barney 1988-89 TV series
|This article related to a BBC television programme is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a children's television series is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|