|Born||Baron Frederick von Geisler
June 5, 1982
Clark Air Base, Angeles City, Philippines
Baron Frederick von Geisler (born 5 June 1982, Clark Air Base, Angeles City, Philippines) is a multi-award winning Filipino actor, the son of a Filipina mother and a German American father who was stationed at the former U.S. military base in Angeles City. He is the brother of Donald Geisler, a retired Olympic taekwondo-jin.
Several of Geisler's accolades includes winning the Best Actor award in the 4th Cinemalaya Independent Film Festival on July 20, 2008 and the 2005 PMPC Best Single Performance of an Actor in "Maalaala Mo Kaya" (Will You Ever Remember?).
Life and career
Geisler entered show business as a child actor in 1994 through the phenomenal variety kiddie/teen gag show Ang TV. A year later, he became officially a part of ABS-CBN's roster of rising homegrown talents as a member of the elite Star Circle Batch 5. He was considered as one of the network's most promising young stars alongside John Lloyd Cruz and Marc Solis in the boy trio "Koolits", where he was once paired up with Kristine Hermosa.
Geisler is one of the most controversial young actors in his generation. While his performance as an actor is stellar and his career becoming stiff, he has confessed to being addicted to alcohol and has been involved in numerous brawls. One of the said brawls is a bar scuffle, in fact, left him with two visible scars on his left cheek. His own mother eventually signed him up in a detox facility (for 10 days) thus helping him earn the nickname as the "Wild Child" of Pinoy Big Brother: Celebrity Edition 2 and recently as the newest "Bad Boy" image in Philippine Showbiz.
He is currently facing a lawsuit against fellow former Pinoy Big Brother housemate Yayo Aguila's daughter Patricia accusing him of an alleged sexual harassment in which Geisler has denied engaging. The case is on-going as Geisler still appeared in his several TV series projects such as Eva Fonda, Tayong Dalawa (The Two of Us), The Wedding and others to name a few. Geisler also faced a lawsuit filed by actress Yasmien Kurdi for another alleged sexual harassment case.
Indefinite artist ban
In early 2011, Geisler faced a harassment complaint from actress Cherry Pie Picache who accused him for groping her breast on the set of Noah in which Geisler has denied engaging and claimed it was an accidental touch. It was reported that Geisler was under the influence of alcohol on that taping day. This is Geisler's fourth acts of lasciviousness / unjust vexation accusation, the other three are with Patricia Martinez, Yasmien Kurdi and Julia Clarete respectively.
It was later confirmed by Geisler's manager, Arnold Vegafria, that Geisler immediately made a public apology statement in the presence of Picache just right after the incident and voluntarily entered rehabilitation in a 90-day treatment session. The Professional Artist Management, Inc. (PAMI) stated that Geisler will be on an indefinite artist ban which prohibits artists and talents whose managers are PAMI-members from working with Geisler unless he could complete his 90-day treatment session and be fully rehabilitated. Geisler's alcohol rehabilitation started on January 30, 2011 and has just successfully ended recently.
Return to acting
After finishing rehab, Geisler and Yasmien Kurdi reconciled resulting in Kurdi withdrawing the case filed against him. Geisler recently played Erning "Toothpick" Reyes (a role originally played by actor Paquito Diaz) in the 2011 Metro Manila Film Festival entry of Viva Films, Manila Kingpin: The Asiong Salonga Story top-billed by Laguna Governor Jeorge "ER" Ejercito Estregan. He was also part of the recently concluded fantasy series Dyesebel with Anne Curtis, Sam Milby, and Gerald Anderson. He played one of the villains, the devious Kanor.
Geisler was temporarily detained for physical assault to his neighbor named Raymundo dela Rosa on November 9, 2012. He was released less than 24 hours after a mutual settlement from both parties as the file was withdrawn by dela Rosa. Geisler claimed that the incident was just for self-defense purposes. It was also later found out that Geisler was intoxicated that time.
- Ang TV the Movie: The Adarna Adventure (1996) as Corky
- I Do I Die Diyos Ko Day (1997) as Baron Mendiola
- Biyudo si daddy, biyuda si mommy (1997) as Baron
- Haba-baba-doo, puti-puti-poo! (1998) as Baron
- Nagbibinata (1998) as Hans Tolentino
- Mahal Na Kung Mahal (1999) as Ivan
- Tik Tak Tok My Kolokotoys (1999)
- Tar-San (1999) as Koby
- Daddy-Oh, Baby-Oh (2000) as Mobet
- Anak (2000) as Michael
- Taxi ni Pilo (2001)
- Jologs (2002) as Cher
- Ang Tanging Ina (2003) as Chaos Montecillo
- Ang Huling araw ng Linggo: "Biyernes" (2006) as Bryan
- Wag Kang Lilingon: "Salamin" (2006) as Red
- Durog (2007)
- A Love Story (2007) as Macky
- Supahpapalicious (2008) as Sir Juno
- Jay (2008) as Jay Santiago
- Torotot (2008) as Leo
- Baler (2008) as Capt. Enrique Fossi de las Morenas
- BFF Best Friends Forever (2009)
- Padyak (2009) as Manolo
- Manila (2009) as Jorge
- The Forgotten War (2009)
- Kimmy Dora: Kambal sa Kiyeme (2009 as Harris
- Pangarap Kong Jackpot: Sa Ngalan Ng Busabos (2009)
- Nandito Ako Nagmamahal Sa'Yo (2009) as Prince Suganob
- Maximus & Minimus (2009)
- Noy (2010) as Caloy
- Fling (2010) as Boyfriend 2
- Donor (2010) as Danny
- Cinco: Braso (2010) as Frat. MI Greg
- Captured (2011)
- Manila Kingpin: The Asiong Salonga Story (2011) as Erning "Toothpick" Reyes
- Pridyider (2012) as Tina's Ex-Boyfriend
- El Presidente (2012)
- Saks Saka (2013)
- Boy Golden: Shoot to Kill, the Arturo Porcuna Story (2013) as Datu Putla
|1999||Tabing Ilog||Alfonso "Fonzy" Ledesma|
|2001||Recuerdo de Amor||Francis Sebastian|
|2003||It Might Be You||Derek Castro|
|Ang Tanging Ina TV Remake||Chaos Montecillo|
|Maalaala Mo Kaya: Trolley||Macoy|
|2006||Malaala Mo Kaya: Lapis||Justin's brother|
|Komiks: Da Adventures of Pedro Penduko||Ka Roy|
|Maging Sino Ka Man||Kevin Romero|
|2007||Sineserye Presents May Minamahal||Bombit Fernandez|
|2007–08||Pinoy Big Brother: Celebrity Edition 2||Himself|
|2008||I Love Betty La Fea||Ian (guest cast)|
|Eva Fonda||Val Mendez|
|Gaano Kadalas ang Minsan||Jake (special participation)|
|Obra: Liwanag sa Dilim|
|Maalaala Mo Kaya: Basilica Minore del Sto. Niño||Lito|
|2009||Tayong Dalawa||Leo Cardenas|
|Kapamilya Deal or No Deal||Himself|
|Banana Split||Himself (celebrity guest)|
|Midnight DJ: Killer Kulambo||Andy|
|Kambal sa Uma||young Aurelio|
|May Bukas Pa||Mr. Sanchez (special guest)|
|SRO Cinemaserye: Suspetsa||Danny|
|Komiks Presents: Mars Ravelo's Nasaan Ka Maruja?||Jeff Gomez|
|2010||Maalaala Mo Kaya: Saranggola||Raul|
|Agimat: Ang Mga Alamat ni Ramon Revilla Presents: Elias Paniki||Alexander|
|Banana Split: Mahirap Pa Sa Dagang Mahirap||Ismael|
|2011||Maalaala Mo Kaya: Ice Cream||Janelle|
|Maalaala Mo Kaya: Sulat||Jess|
|Ikaw Ay Pag-Ibig||Turko|
|2013||Kidlat||Vincent Megaton Jr. / Diablo|
|2014||Dyesebel (2014 TV series)||Kanor|
- "Pinoy Big Brother Season 2 :: Housemates". Bb2.pinoybigbrother.com. Retrieved 2014-02-20.
- "New Kapuso star Baron Geisler hoping to get positive publicity | Showbiz | GMA News Online". Gmanews.tv. 2009-05-16. Retrieved 2014-02-20.
- "Cherry Pie Picache accuses Baron Geisler of groping her | The Feed | SPOT.ph: Your One-Stop Urban Lifestyle Guide to the Best of Manila". SPOT.ph. Retrieved 2014-02-20.
- [dead link]
- "Onsugar". Mindrelaxingideas.onsugar.com. Retrieved 2014-02-20.
- Joyce Jimenez. "Baron Geisler reveals bipolar disorder; accuses police authorities of being "one-sided" in investigating brawl with his neighbor | PEP.ph: The Number One Site for Philippine Showbiz". PEP.ph. Retrieved 2014-02-20.