|This article does not cite any references or sources. (December 2009)|
Baron Stourton is a title in the Peerage of England, It was created by writ in 1448 for John Stourton. In 1878, the ancient barony of Mowbray was called out of abeyance in favour of the twentieth Baron Stourton. About two weeks later, the barony of Segrave was also called out of abeyance in his favour. Thereafter, the three baronies have remained united. The formal title is Baron Mowbray, Segrave and Stourton.
The family seat, until 1717, was Stourhead.
As well as the coat of arms, the Stourton family has another symbol: A drag (or sledge) or.
Barons Stourton (1448)
- John Stourton, 1st Baron Stourton (1400–1462)
- William Stourton, 2nd Baron Stourton (c. 1430–1479)
- John Stourton, 3rd Baron Stourton (c. 1454–1485)
- Francis Stourton, 4th Baron Stourton (1485–1487)
- William Stourton, 5th Baron Stourton (c. 1457–1523)
- Edward Stourton, 6th Baron Stourton (c. 1463–1535)
- William Stourton, 7th Baron Stourton (c. 1505–1548)
- Charles Stourton, 8th Baron Stourton (c. 1520–1557)
- John Stourton, 9th Baron Stourton (1553–1588)
- Edward Stourton, 10th Baron Stourton (c. 1555–1633)
- William Stourton, 11th Baron Stourton (c. 1594–1672)
- William Stourton, 12th Baron Stourton (d. 1685)
- Edward Stourton, 13th Baron Stourton (1665–1720)
- Thomas Stourton, 14th Baron Stourton (1667–1744)
- Charles Stourton, 15th Baron Stourton (1702–1753)
- William Stourton, 16th Baron Stourton (1704–1781)
- Charles Philip Stourton, 17th Baron Stourton (1752–1816)
- William Stourton, 18th Baron Stourton (1776–1846)
- Charles Stourton, 19th Baron Stourton (1802–1872)
- Alfred Joseph Stourton, 20th Baron Stourton (1829–1893)
- Charles Botolph Joseph Stourton, 21st Baron Stourton (1867–1936)
- William Marmaduke Stourton, 22nd Baron Stourton (1895–1965)
- Charles Edward Stourton, 23rd Baron Stourton (1923–2006)
- Edward William Stephen Stourton, 24th Baron Stourton (b. 1953)
The heir apparent is the present holder's son Hon. James Charles Peter Stourton (b. 1991).
- Debrett's Peerage, 1968, p.807, Baron Mowbray
- Townend, Peter (ed.). Burke's Genealogical and Heraldic History of the Peerage, Baronetage and Knightage (103rd Edition). Burke's Peerage Limited. pp. 1752–1753.