Baroness Gösta von dem Bussche-Haddenhausen
|Baroness Gösta von dem Bussche-Haddenhausen|
|Spouse||Claus Felix von Amsberg|
IssueSigrid von Amsberg
Prince Claus of the Netherlands
Rixa von Amsberg
Margit von Amsberg
Barbara von Amsberg
Theda von Amsberg
Christina von Amsberg
German: Gosta Julie Adelheid Marion Marie
|Father||Baron George von dem Bussche-Haddenhausen|
|Mother||Baroness Gabriele von dem Bussche-Ippenburg|
26 January 1902|
Döbeln, Kingdom of Saxony
|Died||13 June 1996
Baroness Gösta von dem Bussche-Haddenhausen (German: Freiin Gösta Julie Adelheid Marion Marie von dem Bussche-Haddenhausen; 26 January 1902 – 13 June 1996) was the mother of Prince Claus of the Netherlands, who was the Prince Consort of Queen Beatrix of the Netherlands, thus making her the mother-in-law of the former Dutch Queen. She is also the paternal grandmother of King Willem-Alexander of the Netherlands, who is the current Dutch King.
Gösta was born at Döbeln, Kingdom of Saxony, German Empire (now Saxony, Germany), the second child and daughter of Baron George von dem Bussche-Haddenhausen (1869–1923), and his wife, Baroness Gabriele von dem Bussche-Ippenburg (1877–1973). Her family belonged to the Bussche-Haddenhausen branch of the Bussche family, her mother belonged to the Bussche-Ippenburg branch. Both descended from Clamor von dem Bussche (1532–1573). Her father was an officer in the Royal Saxon Army.
Together they had six daughters and one son:
- Sigrid von Amsberg (born 26 June 1925), married in 1952 to Bernd Jencquel, had issue.
- Claus von Amsberg (6 September 1926 – 6 October 2002), married in 1966 to Beatrix of the Netherlands, had issue.
- Rixa von Amsberg (18 November 1927–2010), married to Dr. Peter Georg Ahrens
- Margit von Amsberg (16 October 1930–1988), married in 1964 to Ernst Grubitz, had issue.
- Barbara von Amsberg (born 16 October 1930), married in 1963 to Günther Haarhaus, had issue.
- Theda von Amsberg (born 30 June 1939), married in 1966 to Baron Karl von Friesen, had issue.
- Christina von Amsberg (born 20 January 1945), married in 1961 to Baron Hans Hubertus von der Recke, had issue.
Life in Africa
In 1928 she moved with her family to Tanganyika (now Tanzania), where she remained during the outbreak of World War II, there her husband was manager of a German-British tea and sisal plantations. They returned to Germany in 1947.
|Ancestors of Baroness Gösta von dem Bussche-Haddenhausen|
Notes and sources
- Genealogics - Leo van de Pas - Freiin Gosta von dem Bussche-Haddenhausen
- thePeerage.com - Gosta Freiin von dem Bussche-Haddenhausen
- Die Ahnen Claus Georg von Amsberg, Limburg a.d. Lahn, 1966, Euler, F. W., Reference: 3
- Ancestor list HRH Claus Prince of The Netherlands, 1999 and 2003, Verheecke, José, Reference: 3