Barrackpore I (community development block)
|Barrackpore I (CD Block)
ব্যারাকপুর I সমষ্টি উন্নয়ন ব্লক
|Community development block|
|District||North 24 Parganas|
|• Total||76.49 km2 (29.53 sq mi)|
|• Density||2,100/km2 (5,300/sq mi)|
|• Official||Bengali, English|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
|Lok Sabha constituency||Barrackpore|
|Vidhan Sabha constituency||Naihati, Jagatdal|
Barrackpore I (community development block) is an administrative division in Barrackpore subdivision of North 24 Parganas district in the Indian state of West Bengal. Bijpur, Naihati, Jagatdal and Noapara police stations serve this block. Headquarters of this block is at Narayanpur. Per 2011 Indian census, there are 11 census towns in this block, including Balibhara, Dogachhia, Ichhapur Defence Estate, Jetia, Garshyamnagar, Nagdaha, Noapara, Palashi, Palladaha, Paltapara and Kaugachhi.
Jetia, a census town in Barrackpore I block, is located at.
As per 2001 census, Barrackpore I block has a total population of 157,018 out of which 81,158 were males and 75,860 were females. Barrackpore I block registered a population growth of -20.61 per cent during the 1991-2001 decade. Decadal growth for the district was 22.40 per cent. Decadal growth in West Bengal was 17.84 per cent.
- "Contact details of Block Development Officers". North 24 Parganas district. West Bengal Government. Retrieved 2011-02-17.
- "Primary census abstract data". Census of India. Retrieved 23 February 2014. (For census towns, select "urban" radio button, then select state, district and sub-district. A drop down list of towns well appear. Select the town.)
- "Census of India 2001, Provisional Population Totals, West Bengal, Table - 4". North Twenty Four Parganas District (11). Government of West Bengal. Retrieved 2010-10-25.
- From Barrackpore subdivision page.
- "Provisional Population Totals, West Bengal. Table 4". Census of India 2001. Census Commission of India. Retrieved 2011-01-20.