Barranquilla Colombia Temple
|Barranquilla Colombia Temple|
|Announcement||1 October 2011|
|Official website • News & images|
The Barranquilla Colombia Temple is a planned temple of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (LDS Church) to be constructed in Barranquilla, Colombia. The announcement was made by church president Thomas S. Monson on October 1, 2011. The temple was announced concurrently with the Durban South Africa, Kinshasa Democratic Republic of the Congo, Star Valley Wyoming, and Provo City Center temples. At the time of announcement, the total number of temples worldwide increased to 166 and, along with the temple in Bogotá, became the second in Columbia.
The temple will be located in the outskirts of Barranquilla, on the "Via al Mar" road that connects to Puerto Colombia, Km 6. The site is currently under preparation; construction schedule has not been announced.
- List of temples of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
- List of temples of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints by geographic region
- Comparison of temples of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
- Temple architecture (Latter-day Saints)
- The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in Colombia
- Official LDS Barranquilla Colombia Temple page
- Barranquilla Colombia Temple page
- Mormons to build temple in Barranquilla, Colombia, Colombia news
- Walker, Joseph (1 October 2011). "LDS general conference opens with the announcement of six new Mormon temples". Deseret News (Salt Lake City). Retrieved 1 October 2011..
- "Mormon church president announces plans for new temples in Utah, Wyoming, Colombia, Africa". Washington Post. AP. 1 October 2011. Retrieved 5 October 2011..
|This article related to the Latter Day Saint movement is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|