Barrio De Analco Historic District
Barrio de Analco Historic District
San Miguel chapel
|Location||Roughly bounded by E. De Vargas and College Sts., Santa Fe, New Mexico|
|NRHP Reference #||68000032|
|Added to NRHP||November 24, 1968|
|Designated NHLD||November 24, 1968|
Barrio de Analco Historic District is a historic district in Santa Fe, New Mexico, which includes one of the oldest houses in the continental United States, and the oldest church in the continental United States.
The district includes seven historic structures as well as other structures in between them. The name "Analco" comes from the Nahuatl language spoken by the Tlaxcalteca Indians that accompanied the Spanish. "A" = water + "nal" = next to + "co" place of = next to the water (in this case a stream, the Santa Fe River). The seven historic structures are:
- Oldest House in New Mexico (House on De Vargas Street), 215 East De Vargas Street
- Chapel of San Miguel, 401 Old Santa Fe Trail, very near to the Santa Fe Plaza
- St. Michael's Dormitory, 413 Old Santa Fe Trail, known as the Lamy Building
- Gregorio Crespin House, 132 East De Vargas Street
- Roque Tudesqui House, 129-135 East De Vargas Street
- Boyle House, 327 East De Vargas Street
- Adolph Bandelier House, 352 East De Vargas Street
The district runs primarily along East De Vargas Street from College Street to Paseo De Peralta in Santa Fe.
- "National Register Information System". National Register of Historic Places. National Park Service. 2008-04-15.
- "Barrio de Analco Historic District". National Historic Landmark summary listing. National Park Service. Archived from the original on 18 June 2008. Retrieved 2008-06-03.
- Richard Greenwood (August 2, 1975). PDF (32 KB). National Park Service. and PDF (32 KB)
- Historic American Buildings Survey (HABS) No. NM-1, "San Miguel Church, Santa Fe, Santa Fe County, NM", 11 photos, 19 measured drawings, 4 data pages, supplemental material
|This article about a property in New Mexico on the National Register of Historic Places is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|