Barrow County Airport
|Barrow County Airport|
Aerial view, November 2005
|IATA: WDR – ICAO: KWDR – FAA LID: WDR|
|Owner||Barrow County Airport Authority|
|Elevation AMSL||943 ft / 287 m|
Barrow County Airport (IATA: WDR, ICAO: KWDR, FAA LID: WDR) is a public use airport located three nautical miles (6 km) east of the central business district of Winder, a city in Barrow County, Georgia, United States. It is owned by the Barrow County Airport Authority. This airport is included in the National Plan of Integrated Airport Systems for 2011–2015, which categorized it as a general aviation facility.
The airport was previously known as Northeast Georgia Regional Airport and prior to December 2005 it was known as Winder-Barrow Airport. It is home to The Flight School (a Cessna Pilot Center), and the 148th medical company (air ambulance) of the Georgia Army National Guard.
Facilities and aircraft
Barrow County Airport covers an area of 374 acres (151 ha) at an elevation of 943 feet (287 m) above mean sea level. It has two asphalt paved runways: 13/31 is 5,500 by 100 feet (1,676 x 30 m) and 5/23 is 3,610 by 100 feet.
For the 12-month period ending June 27, 2011, the airport had 28,400 aircraft operations, an average of 77 per day: 82% general aviation and 18% military. At that time there were 84 aircraft based at this airport: 81% single-engine, 10% multi-engine, 4% helicopter, and 6% military.
- FAA Airport Master Record for WDR ( PDF). Federal Aviation Administration. Effective April 5, 2012.
- "Barrow County Airport (official site)".
- "2011–2015 NPIAS Report, Appendix A" (PDF, 2.03 MB). National Plan of Integrated Airport Systems. Federal Aviation Administration. October 4, 2010.
- "History". Barrow County Airport.
- WDR - Barrow County (Winder) at Georgia DOT airport directory
- Romanair Inc., the fixed base operator (FBO)
- Aerial image as of March 1999 from USGS The National Map
- FAA Terminal Procedures for WDR, effective December 11, 2014
- Resources for this airport: