|Industry||Packaging Automation Equipment|
|Headquarters||St. Louis, Missouri, USA|
|Robert H. Chapman, Chairman and CEO|
|Revenue||$1.5 billion USD (2013)|
Number of employees
Barry-Wehmiller Companies, Inc. is a global supplier of manufacturing technology and services across several industries. Barry-Wehmiller's four business platforms are automated packaging equipment, corrugating and sheeting equipment, paper conversion equipment, and IT and engineering consulting services.
Thomas J. Barry opened a machine shop in 1885 that provided transportation and conveying equipment to malt houses in the South Saint Louis area. He was later joined by his brother-in-law, Alfred Wehmiller, forming the Barry-Wehmiller Machinery Company, and expanding the product line to include quickly soak and wash refillable bottles. In 1895, Barry-Wehmiller together with William H. Doble established Pneumatic Scale Corporation. Douber served as president of Pneumatic Scale for 53 years.
Barry-Wehmiller Companies include:
- Paper Converting Machine Co
- Thiele Technologies
- Design Group
- Barry-Wehmiller International
- BW Papersystems
- Four Seasons Community Development
- "Barry-Wehmiller - Our Company". Retrieved 2009-06-11.
- "Company Overview of Barry-Wehmiller Companies, Inc.". businessweek.com. December 12, 2012. Retrieved 16 December 2012.