Barry James Sanders (born April 10, 1994) is an American college football running back for the Stanford Cardinal football team.
Sanders was born in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, the son of Hall of Fame running back Barry Sanders. He graduated from Heritage Hall High School in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma. As a freshman in 2008, Sanders ran for 742 yards and twelve touchdowns while helping Heritage Hall to the 2008 Oklahoma 2A state title, and he was the only sophomore on the 2009 Tulsa World all-state team.
On January 5, 2012, during the U.S. Army All-American Bowl, Sanders announced that he had committed to playing football for Stanford University. He played in the 2012 U.S. Army All-American Bowl.
- ^ "Barry Sanders", ESPN.com, http://espn.go.com/college-sports/football/recruiting/player/_/id/101856/barry-sanders, Retrieved 2012-1-8
- ^ Barry Sanders'son looks like future star
- ^ video clips of Barry Sanders' son
- ^ Matt Baker, "In his father's image: Barry James Sanders is familiar, but for more than his name", Tulsa World, August 30, 2010.
- ^ "Barry J. Sanders commits the Stanford", ESPN.com, http://espn.go.com/college-sports/recruiting/football/story/_/id/7436402/espu-150-barry-j-sanders-commits-stanford-cardinal, Retrieved 2012-1-8