Barry Maitland (born 1941 in Scotland) is an Australian author of crime fiction. After studying architecture at Cambridge, Maitland practised and taught in the UK before moving to Australia, where he became a Professor of Architecture at the University of Newcastle. He retired in 2000 and took up writing full-time.
Maitland has written a series of crime novels known as the "Kathy and Brock" novels or the "Brock and Kolla" novels:
- The Marx Sisters (1994)
- The Malcontenta (1995)
- All My Enemies (1996)
- The Chalon Heads (1999)
- Silvermeadow (2000)
- Babel (2002)
- The Verge Practice (2003)
- No Trace (2004)
- Spider Trap (2006)
- Dark Mirror (2009)
- Chelsea Mansions (2011)
- The Raven's Eye (2013)
He has also written one novel that does not belong to the series, Bright Air (2008).
- Ned Kelly Awards for Crime Writing, "Best Novel"
- "Pandora Archive". Pandora.nla.gov.au. 23 August 2006. Retrieved 23 March 2012.
- "Award winning authors for festival line up - Local News - News - General". Gloucester Advocate. 20 April 2011. Retrieved 23 March 2012.
- "Australian Crime Fiction Database - Ned Kelly Awards". Crimedownunder.com. Retrieved 23 March 2012.
|This article about an Australian writer is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|