Barry Sheene Medal
The Barry Sheene Medal is an award dedicated to the memory of British motorcycle rider and Australian V8 Supercar commentator Barry Sheene. The medal is awarded to the driver who shows outstanding leadership, personality, fan appeal and sportsmanship throughout the season. The winner is decided by votes taken from a panel of former drivers, commentators, and both on-track and metropolitan media. After a round, each panelist provides 3, 2 and 1 votes to the drivers which they thought displayed the characteristics that the medal is about.
- BARRY SHEENE BIOGRAPHY
- "V8's best to receive Barry Sheene Medal". abc.net.au. 21 Mar 2003. Retrieved 21 June 2014.
- V8 SUPERCAR AWARDS PRESENT INAUGURAL BARRY SHEENE MEDAL
- Ambrose takes prestigous Barry Sheene Medal
- Jennings, Bob (29 Nov 2005). "Lowndes is voted top of the pops". smh.com.au. Retrieved 21 June 2014.
- "Lowndes wins major V8 award". motoring.com.au. Retrieved 21 June 2014.
- Whincup wins Barry Sheene Medal
- "Whincup tops super year with Barry Sheene Medal". abc.net.au. 9 Dec 2008. Retrieved 21 June 2014.
- Jackson, Ed (7 Dec 2009). "V8 Supercar driver Will Davison takes out the 2009 Barry Sheene Medal". foxsports. AAP. Retrieved 21 June 2014.
- V8 AWARDS: COURTNEY WINS BARRY SHEENE MEDAL
- Lowndes wins record third Barry Sheene Medal
- Mark Winterbottom consoled with Barry Sheene Medal
- "Lowndes wins fourth Barry Sheene Medal at V8 Supercar Gala Awards". V8 Supercars. 9 Dec 2013. Retrieved 21 June 2014.
- "McLaughlin wins Barry Sheene medal at V8 Gala". Speedcafe. 8 December 2014.