Bartlow Township, Henry County, Ohio
|Bartlow Township, Ohio|
Location of Bartlow Township in Henry County
|• Total||36.3 sq mi (94.0 km2)|
|• Land||36.2 sq mi (93.9 km2)|
|• Water||0.0 sq mi (0.1 km2)|
|Elevation ||709 ft (216 m)|
|• Density||67.9/sq mi (26.2/km2)|
|Time zone||Eastern (EST) (UTC-5)|
|• Summer (DST)||EDT (UTC-4)|
|GNIS feature ID||1086286|
Bartlow Township is one of the thirteen townships of Henry County, Ohio, United States. The 2000 census found 2,460 people in the township, 629 of whom lived in the unincorporated portions of the township.
Located in the southeastern corner of the county, it borders the following townships:
- Richfield Township - north
- Milton Township, Wood County - northeast corner
- Jackson Township, Wood County - east
- Pleasant Township, Hancock County - southeast corner
- Van Buren Township, Putnam County - south
- Liberty Township, Putnam County - southwest corner
- Marion Township - west
- Monroe Township - northwest corner
It is the only county township to border Hancock County.
The village of Deshler is located in eastern Bartlow Township.
Name and history
The township is governed by a three-member board of trustees, who are elected in November of odd-numbered years to a four-year term beginning on the following January 1. Two are elected in the year after the presidential election and one is elected in the year before it. There is also an elected township fiscal officer, who serves a four-year term beginning on April 1 of the year after the election, which is held in November of the year before the presidential election. Vacancies in the fiscal officership or on the board of trustees are filled by the remaining trustees.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- Henry County, Ohio — Population by Places Estimates Ohio State University, 2007. Accessed 15 May 2007.
- §503.24, §505.01, and §507.01 of the Ohio Revised Code. Accessed 4/30/2009.