|District||South 24 Parganas|
|Elevation||9 m (30 ft)|
|• Official||Bengali, English|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
|Lok Sabha constituency||Jadavpur|
|Vidhan Sabha constituency||Baruipur Paschim|
Baruipur is located at  It has an average elevation of 9 metres (29 feet)..
°As of 2011[update] India census, Baruipur had a population of 50453. Males constitute 51% of the population and females 49%. Baruipur has an average literacy rate of 84%, higher than the national average of 59.5%; with 52% of the literates being male and 48% being female. 8% of the population is under 6 years of age.
Baruipur is well connected with Roadways and Railways. Buses like CTC, Private Buses, STA Buses are available all the time in Baruipur. Auto-rickshaw also is an important life-line of connectivity. Besides this, Baruipur plays as an important junction in the railway sector. The nearest metro station is Kavi Nazrul is almost 11 kms from Baruipur.
- E11 Baruipur - Howrah via Gobindapur, Harinavi, Rajpur, Kamalgazi, Dhalai Bridge, Patuli, Hiland Park, Mukundapur, Kalikapur, Ruby Hospital, Science City, Topsia, Park Circus, Moulali, Esplanade, Barabazar
Private Bus routes
- 218 Baruipur - Babughat via Gobindapur, Harinavi, Rajpur, Narendrapur, Kamalgazi, Garia, Baghajatin, Jadavpur, Dhakuria, Gariahat, Park Circus, Mullickbazar, Moulali, Esplanade
- SD29 Jibantala - Amtala via Baruipur
- SD33 Baruipur - Jharkhali via Joshipur, Nafargunge, Canning
- SD35 Canning - Falta via Baruipur, Amtala, Serakole, Dostipur, Sahararhat
- SD63 Baruipur - Gadkhali
- SD64 Baruipur - Chunakhali via Hospital More, Dokghat, Canning
- SD67 Baruipur - Kaikhali via Joynagar, Jamtala
- SD68 Baruipur - Ghatakpukur via Champahati, Bodra
- SD70 Sonarpur Tematha - Bisalaxmitala via Champahati, Phultala, Baruipur, Amtala
- SD72 Baruipur - Noorpur via Sarisha, Serakole, Amtala, Julpia
STA Bus routes
- Barasat - Baruipur via Gobindapur, Harinavi, Rajpur, Narendrapur, Kamalgazi, Garia, Patuli, Ajoynagar, Mukundapur, Kalikapur, Ruby Hospital, Science City, Chingrighata, E.M. Bypass, Ultadanga, VIP Road, Baguihati, Airport, Birati, B.T. College, Madhyamgram
New district headquarters
West Bengal government will get back 1,000 acres (4 km²) from the 5,000 acres (20 km²) it is giving to the Salim group for development of a township at Baruipur, the site of the new district head quarters. The proposed Barasat–Raichak expressway will pass through Baruipur.
Baruipur had a flourishing surgical tools industry, which is now on revival path. Besco are 02 a railway wagon factory present over here.(3)Baruipur has a growing economy in Guava. (4)Baruipur is known for its fruits. Now, it has come up with a manufacturing unit named Presswell which serves to the automobile industry.
Baruipur is well served by both railways and roadways. The nearest railway station is Baruipur Junction. Also it is about 10;km from E. M bypass in kamalgazi. Mainly 2 private buses ply from baruipur viz. Baruipur-Barasat & 218 and 1 bus of C. T. C ply from Baruipur to Howrah.
There is a Baruipur municipality, which is divided into 17 wards. As of 2011, it is controlled by the Trinamool Congress. Also there is a BLOCK DEVOLOPE OFFICE & Panchyat Samity consisting 19 Gram Panchyat, out of which 18 are controlled by Trinomool Congress. There are one head Post Office, pincode number 700144.
The gajan utsab of Baruipur is famous. According to local legend, there was once a severely contested lathi fight between the lathials of the Sabarna Choudhurys of Barisa and the Roy Choudhurys of Baruipur concerning the boundary dispute of their respective Zamindaris. The Sardar of the lathials of the Sabarna Roy Choudhury was Bhriguram. The lathials of Baruipur managed to cut off his head with a sword and won the fight. However, Bhriguram was so much respected in the area that a lock of his hair was preserved. Bhriguram is still publicly honoured by the exposition of lock during the gajan mela at Baruipur.
Rash Mela is the one of the famous fair in Baruipur which is held in the time of Rash.Rash Puja tool place at midnight 12 hrs.
Rather Mela is also very famous.
Baruipur Book Lover's association arranges Baruipur Book Fair every year.
Khishi mela and Shilpa mela was famous . for last 3 years organizer's stop this mela.
Baruipur has a small musium which is very enrich near Rabindra Bhaban( a therer hall).
many famous actors like Reba Roychowdhuri, Sajal Richawdhuri were residents of Baruipur. Many Poets and writers are also there ( Prasun Mazumdar, Joydeep Chakarborty, Sajl Roy choudhuri etc.) kobi Shuvro Bandyopadhyay lived in Baruipur,has been conferred sahityo academy puroshker for his collection of poems in 2013, Freedom fighter Himangsu Chatterjee was born at Dehimedanmalla, DIrector of Dadagiri, Mirakkel and Dance Bangla Dance and many other popular TV shows and cinema, Subhankar Chattopadhyay was also born at Baruipur.
Baruipur district hospital is its sole health care potion. there are 32 doctors working in it. Certain areas of South 24 Parganas district has been identified where ground water is affected by arsenic contamination. High levels of arsenic in ground water was found in 12 blocks of the district. Water samples collected from tubewells in the affected places contained arsenic above the normal level (10 microgram a litre as specified by the World Health Organisation). The affected blocks are Baruipur, Bhangar I, Bhangar II, Bishnupur I, Bishnupur II, Basanti, Budge Budge, Canning I, Canning II, Sonarpur, Mograhat II and Joynagar. 
Some of the schools are Baruipur High School, Rashmoni Balika Vidyalay, Madarat Popular Academy, Holy Cross School Baruipur, Welkin National School, Baruipur High School has just turned 150 years & Madarat Popular Academy has just turned 100 year's. Sajahan road, Madarat, Ukil para, North Ukil para, Puratan bazar, Dutta para, Dehimedanmallya & Salepur etc. are known as the famous area in the city.
Here almost all religion exist. But mostly are Hindus and Muslims.
Baruipur is famous all over West Bengal for its varieties of guava and other fruits.
Baruipur have Sub-Divisional Court.(Civil & Criminal) Under this court has many Police Station. Just Like Baruipur, Sonarpur, Jayanagar, Kultali, K.c. Police station, Bhangor Etc. The writer Bankim Chandra Chattapadhaya practiced here.
- Falling Rain Genomics, Inc - Baruipur
- "Census of India 2001: Data from the 2001 Census, including cities, villages and towns (Provisional)". Census Commission of India. Archived from the original on 2004-06-16. Retrieved 2008-11-01.
- The Telegraph, 26 July 2006
- The Statesman 26 January 2007
- Hindu Books
- "Groundwater Arsenic contamination in West Bengal-India (19 years study )". Groundwater arsenic contamination status of North 24-Parganas district, one of the nine arsenic affected districts of West Bengal-India. SOES. Archived from the original on 27 September 2007. Retrieved 2007-08-24.
- "High arsenic levels in South". The Statesman, 24 June 2007. Archived from the original on 2007-09-29. Retrieved 2007-09-03.