Sobti on sets of Main Aur Mr Riight
|Born||21 August 1984|
|Spouse(s)||Pashmeen Manchanda |
Barun Sobti (born 21 August 1984) is an Indian television and film actor. He married Pashmeen Manchanda, on 12 December 2010.
Sobti made his acting debut in 2009 with the daily faith-oriented show Shraddha. He played the male lead, Swayam Khurana, a manipulative photographer with selfish intentions. Sobti later appeared with a cameo in the medical romance, Dill Mill Gayye, in which he played negative role of patient, Raj Singh, who is in rehabilitation for drug abuse. He left the show to join the TV serial Baat Hamari Pakki Hai, where he portrayed the comedic character of Shravan Jaiswal, a rich, spoilt, but good-natured young man who engages in a temporary marriage via contract.
Sobti then went on to star in the television program Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon? on Star Plus. He essayed the character Arnav Singh Raizada, an extremely egoist and proud businessman. The show shut down with his departure in November 2012. Sobti has also hosted the 2012 Star Parivaar Awards and performed in the Star Parivaar Live Concert 2012 in Birmingham, UK. He was titled the 3rd Sexiest Asian Man by UK magazine Eastern Eye in 2013.
As of December 2014, Sobti has several upcoming projects. His debut Bollywood film, Main Aur Mr. Riight, released on December 12, 2014. He is also filming for Mitali Ghoshal's 22 Yards, a sports film opposite Suzanna Mukherji, and Arshad Sayed's Satra Ko Shaadi Hai produced by John Abraham.
- 2009-10 Shraddha as Swayam Khurana
- 2010 Dill Mill Gayye as Raj Singh
- 2010-2011 Baat Hamari Pakki Hai as Shravan Jaiswal
- 2011-2012 Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon? as Arnav Singh Raizada
- 2012 Star Diwali as Host
Awards and nominations
||This article uses bare URLs for citations, which may be threatened by link rot. (August 2014)|
- "Barun Sobti Turns 30: 5 Fun Facts About The Birthday Boy". Indiatimes. 2014-08-21.
- "I have reservations about doing intimate scenes: Barun Sobti - The Times of India". Indiatimes. Retrieved 22 February 2014.
- "Every relationship changes everyday-Barun Sobti". Hindustan Times. Retrieved 9 September 2014.
- "Bollywood is the next obivous step-Barun Sobti". Times of India. Retrieved 9 September 2014.
- "Will Barun Sobti get Third time lucky in B-town". Times of India. Retrieved 9 September 2014.
- "Ali Zafar crowned sexiest Asian man on planet". Times of India. Retrieved 9 September 2014.
- [Main aur Mr.Riight "Main Air Mr.Right"]. Bollywood Hungama. Retrieved 9 September 2014.
- "Barun Sobtis new avatar for 22-Yards". Times of India. Retrieved 9 September 2014.
- "John Abraham to Launch Harshavardan in Bollywood". Times of India. Retrieved 9 September 2014.
- "Barun Sobti how he is the best family man". Hindustan Times. Retrieved 9 September 2014.
- Somashukla Sinha Walunjkar (25 June 2012). "Big icons of small screen!". The Times of India.
- "Celebrity galore on Star Plus' 'Star Diwali'". The Times Of India. Oct 29, 2012.
- "6th Apsara Awards-". apsaraawards.org. Retrieved 2012-10-23.
- "Star Parivaar Awards 2012: And the winners are... : TV News-IBNLive". Ibnlive.in.com. 2012-03-26. Retrieved 2012-10-23.
- "Global Honours 2012 - The Global Indian Film and TV Honuors Awards 2012". Globalhonours.in. Retrieved 2012-10-23.
- "2012 And the winners are...". People's Choice Awards India. Retrieved 30 November 2012.
- "The ITA Awards 2012 - Popular Top-5".
- "Telly awards 2012 Popular Awards winners".
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Barun Sobti.|