Barun Sobti on sets of Main Aur Mr Riight
|Born||New Delhi, India|
|Residence||Mumbai, Maharashtra, India|
|Years active||2009 – present|
|Spouse(s)||Pashmeen Manchanda |
Barun Sobti is an Indian television and film actor. He played Arnav Singh Raizada in the serial Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon?.
Sobti was brought up and raised in Keerti Nagar of Delhi, India, and received his education in Meera Bagh. He later worked as an operations manager at Jindal Telecom for 7 years. Sobti moved to Mumbai to pursue his acting career after his friend, Karan Wahi, forwarded his pictures for a show he was unable to accept due to budgeting conflicts. Sobti married to Pashmeen Manchanda, on December 12, 2010.
Sobti made his acting debut in 2009 with the daily show Shraddha. He played the male lead Swayam Khurana. Sobti later appeared in a cameo role in the medical romance, Dill Mill Gayye, where he played the negative role of patient Raj Singh, in rehabilitation for drug abuse. He played the lead role in the show Baat Hamari Pakki Hai. In the serial, he portrayed the comedic character of Shravan Jaiswal, a rich, spoilt, but good-natured young man who engages in a temporary marriage via contract.
After the closure of Baat Hamari Pakki Hai, Sobti joined Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon?. He played the role of Arnav Singh Raizada, a cruel and uncouth business tycoon who does not believe in love or God until meeting his soulmate, Khushi Kumari Gupta. He also hosted a Hindi play called Do Fool Chaar Mali which was directed by Manoj Verma and Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon? team members and it took place in Dubai on 20 April 2013.
He has hosted the 2012 Star Parivaar Awards and performed in the Star Parivaar Live Concert 2012 in Birmingham, UK. Furthermore, he was named to the "20 Most Intriguing People of 2012" list by People Magazine India; and was titled the 3rd Sexiest Asian Man in the Sexy List 2013 poll conducted by UK magazine Eastern Eye.
- 2009-2010 - Shraddha as Swayam Khurana
- 2010 - Dill Mill Gayye as Raj Singh
- 2010-2011 - Baat Hamari Pakki Hai as Shravan Jaiswal
- 2011-2012 - Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon? as Arnav Singh Raizada
- 2012 - Star Parivaar Awards as host of the show
- Main Aur Mr. Riight 
- 22 Yards,
- Satra Ko Shaadi Hai (filming for scheduled release in 2015) 
Awards and nominations
- "I have reservations about doing intimate scenes: Barun Sobti - The Times of India". Indiatimes. Retrieved 22 February 2014.
- "Star Parivaar Awards 2012: And the winners are... : TV News-IBNLive". Ibnlive.in.com. 2012-03-26. Retrieved 2012-10-23.
- Main aur Mr.Riight
- "I am not Brad Pitt: Barun Sobti". Indiatimes. Retrieved 22 February 2014.
- Sobti's new avatar for '22 Yards'
- "6th Apsara Awards-". apsaraawards.org. Retrieved 2012-10-23.
- "Global Honours 2012 - The Global Indian Film and TV Honuors Awards 2012". Globalhonours.in. Retrieved 2012-10-23.
- "2012 And the winners are...". People's Choice Awards India. Retrieved 30 November 2012.
- "The ITA Awards 2012 - Popular Top-5".
- "Telly awards 2012 Popular Awards winners".
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Barun Sobti.|