Barun Sobti on sets of Main Aur Mr Riight
New Delhi, India
|Residence||Mumbai, Maharashtra, India|
|Years active||2009 – present|
|Spouse(s)||Pashmeen Manchanda |
Barun Sobti is an Indian television and film actor. He played Arnav Singh Raizada in the serial Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon?.
Sobti was brought up and raised in Keerti Nagar of Delhi, India, and received his education in Meera Bagh. He later worked as an operations manager at Jindal Telecom for 7 years. Sobti moved to Mumbai to pursue his acting career after his friend, Karan Wahi, forwarded his pictures for a show he was unable to accept due to budgeting conflicts. Sobti married to Pashmeen Manchanda, on 12 December 2010.
Sobti made his acting debut in 2009 with the daily faith-oriented show Shraddha. He played the male lead, Swayam Khurana, a manipulative photographer with selfish intentions. The show, however, did not garner TRPs and was shut shortly after. Sobti later appeared with a cameo in the medical romance, Dill Mill Gayye, in which he played negative role of patient Raj Singh, in rehabilitation for drug abuse. He left shortly after bagging the serialBaat Hamari Pakki Hai, to portray the comedic character of Shravan Jaiswal, a rich, spoilt, but good-natured young man who engages in a temporary marriage via contract.
Sobti then accepted the television program Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon? on Star Plus. He essayed the character Arnav Singh Raizada, a cruel and uncouth businessman who believes in neither love or god until meeting Khushi Kumari Gupta, played by Sanaya Irani. The show controversially shut down with his departure in November 2012.
Sobti has also hosted the 2012 Star Parivaar Awards and performed in the Star Parivaar Live Concert 2012 in Birmingham, UK. Furthermore, he was the only television actor included in the "20 Most Intriguing People of 2012" list conducted by People Magazine India, and was titled the 3rd Sexiest Asian Man by UK magazine Eastern Eye.
As of now, Sobti has signed to be in the films Main Aur Mr. Right and 22 yards, said to be based on the overlooked conspiracies of the cricketing world. He has also been filming for the John Abraham Production's Film, Satra Ko Shaadi Hai.
- 2009-2010 - Shraddha as Swayam Khurana
- 2010 - Dill Mill Gayye as Raj Singh
- 2010-2011 - Baat Hamari Pakki Hai as Shravan Jaiswal
- 2011-2012 - Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon? as Arnav Singh Raizada
- 2012 - Star Parivaar Awards as host of the show
- Main Aur Mr. Riight 
- 22 Yards,
- Satra Ko Shaadi Hai (filming for scheduled release in 2015) 
Awards and nominations
- "I have reservations about doing intimate scenes: Barun Sobti - The Times of India". Indiatimes. Retrieved 22 February 2014.
- Main aur Mr.Riight
- "I am not Brad Pitt: Barun Sobti". Indiatimes. Retrieved 22 February 2014.
- Sobti's new avatar for '22 Yards'
- "6th Apsara Awards-". apsaraawards.org. Retrieved 2012-10-23.
- "Star Parivaar Awards 2012: And the winners are... : TV News-IBNLive". Ibnlive.in.com. 2012-03-26. Retrieved 2012-10-23.
- "Global Honours 2012 - The Global Indian Film and TV Honuors Awards 2012". Globalhonours.in. Retrieved 2012-10-23.
- "2012 And the winners are...". People's Choice Awards India. Retrieved 30 November 2012.
- "The ITA Awards 2012 - Popular Top-5".
- "Telly awards 2012 Popular Awards winners".
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Barun Sobti.|