|IATA: none – ICAO: none – FAA LID: 9A5|
|Owner||City of LaFayette|
|Elevation AMSL||777 ft / 237 m|
|Sources: FAA and city website|
Barwick-LaFayette Airport (FAA LID: 9A5) is a city owned, public use airport located one nautical mile (2 km) south of the central business district of LaFayette, a city in Walker County, Georgia, United States. It is included in the National Plan of Integrated Airport Systems for 2011–2015, which categorized it as a general aviation facility.
Facilities and aircraft
Barwick-LaFayette Airport covers an area of 20 acres (8 ha) at an elevation of 777 feet (237 m) above mean sea level. It has one runway designated 2/20 with an asphalt surface measuring 5,350 by 75 feet (1,631 x 23 m).
For the 12-month period ending July 3, 2011, the airport had 6,750 aircraft operations, an average of 18 per day: 98.5% general aviation and 1.5% military. At that time there were 46 aircraft based at this airport: 87% single-engine, 11% multi-engine, and 2% ultralight.
- FAA Airport Master Record for 9A5 – BARWICK LAFAYETTE ( PDF). Federal Aviation Administration. Effective April 5, 2012.
- "Barwick-LaFayette Airport". City of LaFayette, Georgia. Retrieved June 25, 2012.
- "2011–2015 NPIAS Report, Appendix A" (PDF, 2.03 MB). National Plan of Integrated Airport Systems. Federal Aviation Administration. October 4, 2010.
- Barwick-LaFayette Airport at City of LaFayette website
- 9A5 – BARWICK LAFAYETTE at Georgia DOT airport directory
- Aerial image as of January 1999 from USGS The National Map
- FAA Terminal Procedures for 9A5, effective June 26, 2014
- Resources for this airport: