|Genres||Post-hardcore, melodic hardcore, emo, punk rock|
|Years active||2009–2012, 2014–present|
|Labels||Run For Cover Records (USA)
City of Gold Records (UK)
Basement are an English melodic hardcore band formed in 2009 in Ipswich, England. The band is heavily influenced by early 90s emotive hardcore acts such as Sunny Day Real Estate and grunge acts such as Nirvana.
Basement was formed in 2009 in Ipswich, England. On 17 May 2010, the band released their debut EP Songs About the Weather and in August, signed to Run For Cover Records. They released their first full length LP, I Wish I Could Stay Here, through Run For Cover Records in 2011. The band promoted the release through several tours, including tours to Australia and two American tours with label mates and friends Daylight. 
In 2012, the band recorded its second and final album, Colourmeinkindness, which was released 23 October. Following the announcement of the record, the band announced that they would be entering an indefinite hiatus following several final shows in the United States and United Kingdom. Basement played their last show on 17th November 2012 at Camden Underground in London. After the announcement of their hiatus, guitarist Alex Henery emigrated to the United States to work for Run For Cover Records in Boston, Massachusetts
On the 29 January 2014 a tweet was posted on the band's Twitter account simply saying "Hi", and the dates "2008-2012" were removed from their Twitter and Facebook biographies, suggesting the band had returned from their hiatus. The band posted on Facebook later that day confirming that the hiatus was over as well as suggesting that there would be a summer tour.
In June 2014, the band announced that they had secretly recorded a new EP for release in July of that year. It is entitled "Further Sky" and includes two new songs, plus a cover of Suede's "Animal Nitrate".
- Demo (2009)
- Ronan Crix – Guitar
- Andrew Fisher – Vocals
- James Fisher – Drums
- Alex Henery – Guitar
- Duncan Stewart – Bass
- "Basement | Band of the Week | Features | Rock Sound". Rocksound.tv. Retrieved 2013-03-23.
- "Basement – I Wish I Could Stay Here – Album Review". AbsolutePunk.net. 2011-07-05. Retrieved 2013-03-23.
- "Basement announce "indefinite hiatus"". Punknews.org. Retrieved 2013-03-23.
- "Basement End Hiatus, Post Statement.". Run For Cover Records. Run For Cover Records. Retrieved 29 January 2014.
- "Run For Cover in the Basement – News Article". AbsolutePunk.net. Retrieved 2013-03-23.
- "ThePunkSite.com – Run For Cover Records Signs UK's Basement". Thebeta.thepunksite.com. 2011-05-23. Retrieved 2013-03-23.
- "Basement announce Australian tour | News". Kill Your Stereo. Retrieved 2013-03-23.
- "Basement (Run For Cover) announce US tour with Dead End Path, Daylight and Soul Search – Alternative Press". Retrieved 2013-03-23.
- "Basement & America Full Documentary". YouTube. 2012-02-08. Retrieved 2013-03-23.
- "PropertyOfZack, Basement Stream 'Colourmeinkindness'". Propertyofzack.com. 2012-10-15. Retrieved 2013-03-23.
- "Basement - Further Sky". Run For Cover Records. 2014-06-17. Retrieved 2014-06-17.