BasicCard is a smart card programmable in the ZC-Basic language. The (free) BasicCard Toolkit offers an API to quickly program the terminal side and the card side of the application. The API hides the complexity of ISO/IEC 7816 protocols. It also provides APIs for Java and .NET. BasicCard smart cards are only manufactured by ZeitControl.
There are 4 types of BasicCard: Compact, Enhanced, Professional, and MultiApplication.
- EEPROM: 1KB to 60KB
- RAM: 256 bytes to 2.9KB
- Cryptography algorithms: SG-LFSR, DES, Triple DES, AES 128-192-256 bits, RSA up to 4096 bits, Elliptic curve 161-512 bits, SHA-1, SHA-256, EAX, OMAC
- Random number generator: pseudo RNG or hardware RNG
- IEEE Floating point arithmetic
- T=0, T=1, and contactless smart card protocols
- Directory-based file system
- Single-application and multi-application support