Basic Element (company)
Basic Element (Russian: Базовый элемент, /Bázovyi elyemyént/, or simply “Базэл”) is one of the largest diversified industrial groups in Russia founded in 1997 and owned by Oleg Deripaska. It is based in Moscow, Russia.
|diversified industrial group|
|Industry||Energy, Manufacturing, Financial Services, Construction and Aviation.|
- 1 Overview
- 2 Operations
- 3 References
- 4 External links
Basic Element's main assets are concentrated in six economic sectors - energy and mining, manufacturing, financial services, construction and real estate, agribusiness and airport management. 
About 250,000 people work at the Group's companies in Russia, the CIS, Africa, Australia, Asia, Europe and Latin America.
Energy and mining sector
- 47.41% stake in alumina and aluminium producer UC RUSAL
- 100% stake in EuroSibEnergo PLC power company
- a 100% in Strikeforce Mining and Resources Ltd (SMR) (ferromolybdenum producer)
- a 100% in En+ Downstream (includes aluminium downstream assets)
- a 100% in En+ Coal
- Central European Aluminium Company (CEAC) which has run the Kombinat Aluminijuma Podgorica (KAP) aluminum smelter in Montenegro - and the Rudnic Boxita Niksic bauxite mine, which supplies raw materials for the smelter, since 2005.
- Dmitrov Pilot Plant for Aluminium Canning Tape (DOZAKL) strip with a polished surface for the manufacture of lamplight reflectors and lath ceilings.
Machine building sector
The Russian Machines corporation was established in 2005 to unite Basic Element's machine building assets.
Russian Machines is a diversified corporation, with industrial and engineering assets in the following sectors:
- automobile manufacturing, production of road-building equipment(GAZ Group),
- automobile components (RM Systems),
- freight cars (RM Rail)
- aircraft building (Aviakor),
- road construction machinery (GAZ Group),
- equipment for the armed forces (Military Industrial Company).
Russian Machines Corporation manages 26 facilities located across 14 regions of Russia.
Basel Aero - the operating company for the Sochi, Krasnodar, Gelendzhik, Yeysk and Anapa airports.
Basel Aero Airports
These airports handle more than 7% of the total passenger flow in the Russian Federation.
Financial services sector
- Insurance (IJSC Ingosstrakh)
- Banking (Soyuz Bank)
- Leasing (Element Leasing)
- Pension Funds (Non-state pension fund Socium)
Glavstroy Corporation is a vertically integrated construction holding. Management functions are carried out by Glavstroy-Management.
- Construction of housing and public buildings (Glavmosstroy)
- Construction of transport infrastructure (Transstroy)
- Development (OJSC Glavstroy, Glavstroy-Spb and RogSibAl)
- Production of building materials (Basel Cement)
- The Kuban AgroHolding
- AquaDin (LLC), manufacturer of non-alcoholic beverages
- Voskhod Stud Farm
- FORWARD MEDIA GROUP publishing house
- Rospechat Agency
- PONY EXPRESS, provider of express post and parcel delivery services
- Imeretinsky Port, Sochi
- BasEl Real Estate
- "Basic Element Company". Business Week. Retrieved 2009-07-28.
- "Business". Basic Element. Retrieved 2014-09-02.
- "Company key facts". Basic Element. Retrieved 2014-09-02.
- "Basic Element increases assets and revenues". Basic Element. Retrieved 2014-09-02.
- "Суммарная выручка группы "Базовый элемент" в 2012г. составила 27 млрд долл.". RBC. Retrieved 2014-09-02.
- Basic Element: Structure
- En+ Structure
- RBC Daily: Harkiv Airport is opearted by Oleg Deripaska’s Basel, April, 2011