|This article needs additional citations for verification. (February 2008)|
Basic Research is an herbal supplement and cosmetics manufacturer formed in 1993, based in Salt Lake City, Utah that distributes products through a large number of subsidiaries. In addition, their products are sold domestically and internationally through a number of high-end retailers. Dennis Gay is the president and chief executive officer of Basic Research. Basic Research has also been known to conduct business as Silver Sage (2000), and as The Carter-Reed Company (2002).
On July 10, 2009, the StriVectin family of products [Klein-Becker] were sold to a venture-capital backed company, the Strivectin Operating Company, Inc, to be managed by the Chrysallis Management Group. The new company is based in New York and is not related to Basic Research or any of its affiliates/subsidiaries. The sale affected only the StriVectin products. All other products remained with the Utah-based company.
- FTC targets Utah weight-loss products, Deseret News (Salt Lake City), Jun 17, 2004 by Jenifer K. Nii
- FDA Warning Letter re Glucostart claims
- FDA Warning Letter re Relacor claims
- "Warning Letter Addresses Claim(s) Made for Topical Skincare Preparations" (PDF). November 2002.
- "Casewatch FDA Letters to Basic Research". January 2005. pp. C03.
- "Official Akavar Site".
- "Official Strivectin Site".
|This article about a medical, pharmaceutical or biotechnological corporation or company is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|