Basildon and Thurrock University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
Basildon and Thurrock University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust provides healthcare for people in the south west Essex, in the East of England. There are two hospitals in the trust and one clinical centre: Basildon Hospital and Orsett Hospital and Billericay St. Andrew's Centre. The trust has a 3 star rating and in 2005 its budget was £146 million and it treated 55,000 patients. The Trust uses the Single Transferable Vote voting system to elect its Members' Council.
In November 2009, the Care Quality Commission found some places in Basildon Hospital to have stained floors and curtains, blood-splattered trays, badly soiled mattresses, equipment still used after the use-by date, and so on. The CQC have said they are going to send an "expert taskforce" into the hospital, to improve the cleanliness and drive rapid improvements in patient care.
In July 2013 as a result of the Keogh Review the Trust was put into special measures by Monitor In October 2013 the Trust was put into the highest risk category by the Care Quality Commission. It was put into a buddying arrnagement with Royal Free London NHS Foundation Trust. In June 2014 it was the first trust to come out of special measures after what the health secretary described as a “remarkable turnaround”.
Basildon Hospital is located in Basildon, to the south of the town centre at .
Orsett Hospital is located in Orsett.
St Andrew's Centre
St Andrew's Centre is located in Billericay.
- Basildon and Thurrock University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust Star Rating Information - NHS in England. Accessed 22 September 2006
- About Your Foundation Trust - Basildon and Thurrock NHS Foundation Trust. Accessed 22 September 2006
- NHS Foundation Trusts using STV - STV Action. Accessed 26 July 2009
-  - BBC News, retrieved 11-26-2009.
- "Keogh review: Hospital death rates". BBC News. 16 July 2013. Retrieved 9 November 2013.
- "NHS Trusts put in risk categories - full list". Independent. 24 October 2013. Retrieved 9 November 2013.
- "‘Buddy’ trusts could double their money under bonus scheme". Health Service Journal. 23 July 2013. Retrieved 17 September 2014.
- "Basildon removed from special measures" (9 June 2014). Health Service Journal. Retrieved 10 July 2014.
|This article about a medical organization or association is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|