Basirhat II (community development block)
বসিরহাট II সমষ্টি উন্নয়ন ব্লক
|Community development block|
|District||North 24 Parganas|
|• Total||132.54 km2 (51.17 sq mi)|
|• Density||1,500/km2 (3,800/sq mi)|
|• Official||Bengali, English|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
|Lok Sabha constituency||Basirhat|
|Vidhan Sabha constituency||Basirhat Uttar|
Basirhat II (community development block) is an administrative division in Basirhat subdivision of North 24 Parganas district in the Indian state of West Bengal. Basirhat police station serves this block. Headquarters of this block is at Krishna Madanpur. There is one census town in this block at Dhanyakuria.
Dhanyakuria, a census town in Basirhat II block, is located at.
As per 2001 census, Basirhat II block has a total population of 194,006 out of which 99,295 were males and 94,711 were females. Basirhat II block registered a population growth of 18.30 per cent during the 1991-2001 decade. Decadal growth for the district was 22.40 per cent. Decadal growth in West Bengal was 17.84 per cent.
- "Contact details of Block Development Officers". North 24 Parganas district. West Bengal Government. Retrieved 2011-02-17.
- "Census of India 2001, Provisional Population Totals, West Bengal, Table - 4". North Twenty Four Parganas District (11). Government of West Bengal. Retrieved 2010-10-25.
- From Basirhat subdivision page.
- "Provisional Population Totals, West Bengal. Table 4". Census of India 2001. Census Commission of India. Retrieved 2011-01-20.
- "Groundwater Arsenic contamination in West Bengal-India (20 years study )". Groundwater arsenic contamination status of North 24-Parganas district, one of the nine arsenic affected districts of West Bengal-India. SOES. Retrieved 2011-02-17.