From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
(Redirected from Basque country)
Basque Country may refer to:
- Basque Country (greater region) (Euskal Herria in Basque, Vasconia or País Vasco in Spanish, Pays Basque in French), the approximate cultural area of the Basque culture and language
- Basque Country (autonomous community) (Euskal Autonomia Erkidegoa in Basque; Comunidad Autónoma Vasca, Euskadi, País Vasco or Vascongadas in Spanish), an autonomous community of Spain (shown in pink on the map)
- French Basque Country or Northern Basque Country (Ipar Euskal Herria or Iparralde in Basque; Pays Basque or Pays Basque Nord in French), the three (historic) northern provinces in France (shown in yellow on the map)
- Southern Basque Country (Hego Euskal Herria or Hegoalde in Basque), the Basque provinces in Spain i.e. the autonomous Basque community plus Navarre (shown in pink and green on the map)
- (Spanish) Lizundia, José Luis, "Nombres y conceptos", El País, 2006-10-02.
|This disambiguation page lists articles about distinct geographical locations with the same name.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.