Bass Drum of Death
|Bass Drum of Death|
Bass Drum of Death performing in 2014.
|Genres||Garage rock, noise rock, grunge, indie rock, lo-fi|
|Website||Bass Drum of Death|
|Past members||Colin Sneed|
Bass Drum of Death is an American garage rock band from Oxford, Mississippi signed to Innovative Leisure Records. John Barrett formed Bass Drum of Death, and performs and records his own albums. Until 2008, he performed as a one-man-band, playing bass drum and guitar. His music was strongly influenced at the time by Dr. Dre. Currently, the touring band consists of two guitars and drums. The debut LP, GB City, was released on April 12, 2011 by Fat Possum Records. Inflated Records also distributed the vinyl edition. BDOD performed live on Fuel TV with MellowHype, of OFWGKTA playing the song "64". In addition, the group released the single High School Roaches on Baby Don't Records in 2010.
Bass Drum of Death tours the United States and Europe extensively. 'Get Found' has been aired on Triple J, an Australian alternative music radio station, and the group played the station's 2012 New Beginning's Festival. In addition, Bass Drum of Death performed at the Rock en Seine Festival in France.
In two years, the band released two full-length albums. On June 25, 2013, they released an eponymous album and, in October 2014, they released Rip This, which featured Len Clark as a new collaborative band member.
In other media
- Their song "Velvet Itch", off GB City, was heard in the 2012 movie Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance
- Their song "Get Found" Is a featured track on MLB 2K12.
- Their song "Nerve Jamming" was used in an episode of BBC's Waterloo Road.
- Their song "Way Out" was used in an episode of The CW's The Vampire Diaries.
- Other songs have been featured in ads for H&M clothing and NASCAR.
- The soundtrack for the video game Forza Horizon 2 features "Crawling After You", "Electric", "Lose My Mind", and "Everything's the Same".
- The soundtrack for the video game GTA:V features "Crawling After You". 
- Their song "I Wanna Be Forgotten" was used in Thrasher Magazine's "King Of The Road"
- Their song "I Wanna Be Forgotten" was used during the credits of the video game Sunset Overdrive
- Stain Stick Skin (EP) (2008)
- High School Roaches (EP) (2010)
- GB City (2011)
- Bass Drum of Death (2013)
- Rip This (2014)