|Town of Bassano|
|Motto: The Best in the West|
|Municipal district||County of Newell|
|• Mayor||Tom Rose|
|• Governing body||Bassano Town Council|
|• MP||LaVar Payne|
|• MLA||Jason Hale|
|• Land||5.16 km2 (1.99 sq mi)|
|Elevation||792 m (2,598 ft)|
|• Density||248.6/km2 (644/sq mi)|
|Time zone||MST (UTC−7)|
|• Summer (DST)||MDT (UTC−6)|
|Waterways||Crawling Valley Reservoir
Bassano // is a town in Alberta, Canada. It is located on the Trans-Canada Highway approximately 140 kilometres (87 mi) east of Calgary and 160 kilometres (99 mi) northwest of Medicine Hat. It is also on the main line of the Canadian Pacific Railway. A short distance south of the town is the Bassano Dam (originally "Horse Shoe Bend Dam"), which serves as a reservoir for nearby communities and for the irrigation of the vast farm and ranch lands surrounding Bassano.
In the 2011 Census, the Town of Bassano had a population of 1,282 living in 542 of its 585 total dwellings, a -4.7% change from its 2006 population of 1,345. With a land area of 5.16 km2 (1.99 sq mi), it had a population density of 248.4/km2 (643.5/sq mi) in 2011.
The population of the Town of Bassano according to its 2007 municipal census is 1,390.
- Jim Henshaw – Canadian voice actor
- Joseph B. Martin – Dean of Harvard Medical School 1997–2007
- Mike Toth – Sportscaster
- Daryl Jones - Co-Owner Phoenix Coyotes
- "Municipal Officials Search". Alberta Municipal Affairs. September 5, 2014. Retrieved September 5, 2014.
- "Population and dwelling counts, for Canada, provinces and territories, and census subdivisions (municipalities), 2011 and 2006 censuses (Alberta)". Statistics Canada. 2012-02-08. Retrieved 2012-02-08.
- Engineering Works of Calgary. 1915. p. 14.
- Alberta Municipal Affairs (2009-09-15). "Alberta 2009 Official Population List". Retrieved 2010-09-14.
- Statistics Canada (Census 2006). "Bassano – Community Profile". Retrieved 2007-06-09.