|• Mayor||Gheorghe Bondar (since 2008) (Democratic Liberal Party)|
|Area||126 km2 (49 sq mi)|
|Time zone||EET (UTC+2)|
|• Summer (DST)||EEST (UTC+3)|
Batăr (Hungarian: Feketebátor) is a commune located in Bihor County, Romania. The village is situated in south-western county, near the border with Hungary. The settlement lies along the river Crişul Negru and is composed of four villages: Arpăşel, Batăr, Talpoş and Tăut.
Notable people who lived in Batăr include composer Tiberiu Olah.
- Wooden Church in Tăut, built in the 18th century, historic monument
- ″Markovics″ Castle in Arpăşel, built in the 19th century (1896), historic monument
- Romanian census data, 2002; retrieved on March 1, 2010
- ghidulprimariilor.ro - Primăria comunei Batăr - Turism; retrieved on June 30, 2012 (Romanian)
- cjbihor.ro - Consiliul Judeţean Bihor - Copmuna Batăr; retrieved on June 30, 2012 (Romanian)
|This Bihor County location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|