From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Look up bate, bated, or bating in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Bate may refer to:
- Bate Islands, Nunavut, Canada
- Bate, Burkina Faso, a town in Burkina Faso
- Bate, Nova Gorica, a village in the Municipality of Nova Gorica, Slovenia
- Bate (surname)
- In falconry, to bate is, for a falconry bird tethered by the jesses, to attempt to fly; a bird hanging from the jesses is said to be "in a bate"
- In colloquial and especially schoolboy usage, a bate is a rage; an angry child may be "in a bate" or "batey" (presumably derived from falconry).
- In tannery, bate is a substance, often made from fermented animal dung, used to remove hair and the outer protein layer from the hide. Using it is called "bating".
- FC BATE, football team
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.