Batesville Historic District (Batesville, Virginia)
Batesville Historic District
|Location||Batesville, Albemarle County, Virginia, USA|
|Area||135 acres (55 ha)|
|Architectural style||Colonial Revival, Classical Revival, Greek Revival, Federal|
|NRHP Reference #||99001500|
|Added to NRHP||December 09, 1999|
|Designated VLR||June 16, 1999|
The Batesville Historic District is a national historic district located at Batesville, Albemarle County, Virginia. In 1999, when it was listed on the National Register of Historic Places, it included 33 buildings deemed to contribute to the historic character of the area. They include representative examples of the early-19th century Federal Style, the mid-19th century Greek Revival Style, simple late-Victorian styles from the late-19th century- and early-20th century, Classical Revival and Colonial Revival styles. Notable buildings include the Batesville Elementary School (1922), Batesville Public School (c. 1870), Mount Ed Baptist Church, Batesville Methodist Church (1861), Dr. Smith House, the Barskdale House, Hill House (c. 1900), and Page's Store (also known as the Charles Joseph Store and Batesville Store, c. 1900).
- "National Register Information System". National Register of Historic Places. National Park Service. 2009-03-13.
- "Virginia Landmarks Register". Virginia Department of Historic Resources. Retrieved 05-12-2013.
- Christine A. Prestegard (July 1998). "National Register of Historic Places Inventory Nomination Form: Batesville Historic District". Commonwealth of Virginia, Department of Historic Resources. and Accompanying map
- Page's Store, Intersection of Route 692 & Route 635, Batesville, Albemarle County, VA: 1 measured drawing and 9 data pages at Historic American Buildings Survey
- Mount Ed Baptist Church, State Route 635, Batesville, Albemarle County, VA: 7 measured drawings and 9 data pages at Historic American Buildings Survey
|This article about a property in Virginia on the National Register of Historic Places is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|