|This article does not cite any references or sources. (February 2012)|
|This article is an orphan, as no other articles link to it. Please introduce links to this page from related articles; try the Find links tool for suggestions. (October 2010)|
|Also known as||B-Tribe|
|Genres||Alternative hip hop
Traditional hip hop
|Years active||2007 - present|
Batik Tribe is a Hip Hop band that started at the beginning of 2007. Batik Tribe is composed of Della MC (havis), who helps for the shout, while Saykoji raps, Cool B (budi) is a dancer who often accompany some Indonesian celebrities, Wizzow (Wisnu) is a reliable music producer in Indonesia, and DJ S-tea (sunu) who has experience and who also created an hip hop band in Australia.
When Batik Tribe released its first album "melangkah" in 2008, members of the band agreed to produce it and distribute only 2,000 CD's and 1,000 cassettes, using the services of record label medium (Virgo Ramayana Record). The recording process of this album took over 3 month. Many artist got involved into the recording of this album, such as Ras Muhamad, Saykoji, Sister Duke, Miss JayDee from Soul ID, Kryptik from Holland and Duvz from Australia.
Surviving the music industry in Indonesia has become a struggle for Batik Tribe, a hip hop music group known for the lyrics raising social and culture issues through hip hop music. Batik Tribe is very different from hip hop group in Indonesia, they have a "intonation rap" flow which is varied. A characteristic of Batik Tribe when they appear on stage is they always wear batik clothes, considered as mirror of Indonesian culture. In 2009 they have their own clothing brand called Batik Gear.
The first single from their album "Melangkah" titled "Sabarlah"(Be patient) is dedicated to the children who live on the street, with lyrics such as : "kebahagiaan tidak lebih dari fatamorgana" (Happiness is no more than a mirage), their second single titled "Indo Yo .. Ey .." which tells about the richness of Indonesian music, who hold a high cultural value. This song is a mix of hip hop beat with electronic synthesized sound produced by the gamelan, an ensemble of traditional music from Java, which consists of instruments such as kolintang (xylophone), flute and bonang (small gong). According to theim, music is an appropriate media to reveal our feelings and release all the problems.
- 2008 : Melangkah through Virgo Ramayana Records
- 2010 : Currently recording the album
- 2008 : Batik Tribe collaborate with Saykoji for the track "Melangkah" from the album Melangkah
- 2008 : Batik Tribe collaborate with Ras Muhamad and Tiger T for the track "Metropolitan" from the album Melangkah
- 2008 : Batik Tribe collaborate with Tiger T for the track "Manusia" from the album Melangkah
- 2008 : Batik Tribe collaborate with Sister Duke for the track "Global Warming" from the album Melangkah
- 2008 : Batik Tribe collaborate with Duvz, Kryptik and M1stah for the track "Revolution" from the album Melangkah
- 2008 : Batik Tribe collaborate with Miss Jaydee from Soul ID and Momeys for the track "Shake Remix" from the album Melangkah
- 2009 : Batik Tribe collaborate with Brother D for the track "Dot net" (single)
- 2009 : Batik Tribe collaborate with Ras Muhamad for the track "Monster Industri" from the album of Ras Muhamad "Next Chapter"
- (English) Batik Tribe Bust Out Indonesian Rhymes - The Jakarta Globe
- (English) Junk - idBatik Tribe - Melangkah
- (Indonesian) KapanLagi.com - Batik Tribe, Bermusik Untuk Anak Jalanan
- (English) Hiphopindo.net: Batik Tribe – Buah Album dari Perjalanan Panjang
- (Indonesian) Indonesiantunes.com
- (Indonesian) Antara.co.id