Batman: Dead End
|Batman: Dead End|
|Directed by||Sandy Collora|
|Produced by||Daren Hicks
|Written by||Sandy Collora|
by Bob Kane
|Distributed by||Collora Studios
|Running time||8 minutes|
Batman: Dead End is a fan film written and directed by Sandy Collora that premiered July 19, 2003 at the San Diego Comic-Con, and on the internet shortly thereafter. The film crosses over the DC Comics superhero Batman with the Alien and Predator science fiction film franchises.
Batman (Clark Bartram) corners an escaped Joker (Andrew Koenig), only to have the villain suddenly dragged off by an Alien. The Alien is, in turn, killed by a Predator, which Batman fights and defeats. Other Predators then appear just as more Aliens emerge from the darkness behind Batman. The film ends abruptly with Batman caught in between the two alien and monster species.
- Clark Bartram as Bruce Wayne/Batman
- Andrew Koenig as The Joker
- Kurt Carley as the Predator
- Jake McKinnon as the Alien
- Patrick Oronet, Patrick Magee and Kurt Carley as other Predators
The film was made for a reported $30,000 and filmed in parts of North Hollywood, California, as a stand-in for Gotham City. Collora filmed a similar project, 2004's World's Finest, with much of the same cast and crew.
Film director and comic book writer Kevin Smith called it "possibly the truest, best Batman movie ever made", and comic book artist Alex Ross praised it as "Batman the way I've always wanted to see him". Collora has stated in interviews that the film was made as a demonstration reel to attract attention to his directing skills, and as such, succeeded in its goal.
Fan Films Quarterly listed Batman: Dead End as one of the 10 most pivotal moments in fan film history in its Summer 2006 issue.
- "Finally, a good Batman sequel", US News & World Report August 8, 2003.
- by: JoBlo (2004-01-02). "BATMAN: DEAD END". Joblo.com. Retrieved 2011-01-01.
- "BATMAN: DEAD END". Filmthreat.com. Retrieved 2011-01-01.
- Batman: Dead End
- Collora Studios - Filmmaker's website
- Batman: Dead End at the Internet Movie Database
- Batman: Dead End at TheForce.net
- Batman: Dead End review at Film Threat
- Batman: Dead End behind the scenes at EW.com