Baton Rouge–Pierre Part combined statistical area
The Baton Rouge–Pierre Part Combined Statistical Area is made up of ten parishes in southeastern Louisiana. The statistical area consists of the Baton Rouge Metropolitan Statistical Area (MSA) and the Pierre Part Micropolitan Statistical Area (μSA). As of the 2000 census, the CSA had a population of 729,361 (though a July 1, 2009 estimate placed the population at 809,821).
- 1 Parishes
- 2 Communities
- 3 Demographics
- 4 See also
- 5 References
- East Baton Rouge
- East Feliciana
- Pointe Coupee
- St. Helena
- West Baton Rouge
- West Feliciana
Population by Parish
|East Baton Rouge||412,852||434,633||+21,781|
|West Baton Rouge||21,601||22,638||+1,037|
Places with more than 225,000 inhabitants
- Baton Rouge (Principal city)
Places with 10,000 to 30,000 inhabitants
Places with 5,000 to 10,000 inhabitants
- Brownfields (census-designated place)
- Denham Springs
- Gardere (census-designated place)
- Oak Hills Place (census-designated place)
- Old Jefferson (census-designated place)
- Port Allen
- St. Gabriel
- Village St. George (census-designated place)
Places with 1,000 to 5,000 inhabitants
Places with less than 1,000 inhabitants
- French Settlement
- Grosse Tête
- Paincourtville (census-designated place)
- Port Vincent
As of the census of 2000, there were 729,361 people, 264,876 households, and 185,671 families residing within the CSA. The racial makeup of the CSA was 63.16% White, 34.05% African American, 0.23% Native American, 1.28% Asian, 0.02% Pacific Islander, 0.45% from other races, and 0.80% from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 1.63% of the population.
The median income for a household in the CSA was $34,461, and the median income for a family was $40,664. Males had a median income of $35,167 versus $21,126 for females. The per capita income for the CSA was $15,632.
- Louisiana census statistical areas
- List of cities, towns, and villages in Louisiana
- List of census-designated places in Louisiana
- "Table 2. Annual Estimates of the Population of Combined Statistical Areas: April 1, 2000 to July 1, 2009 (CBSA-EST2009-02)" (CSV). 2009 Population Estimates. United States Census Bureau, Population Division. 2010-03-23. Archived from the original on 20 April 2010. Retrieved 2010-03-24.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.