Muriel Battle High School
|Muriel Williams Battle High School|
|7575 East St. Charles Road
Columbia, Missouri, 65202
|School district||Columbia Public Schools|
|Enrollment||1080 (September 25, 2013, Grades 9-11)|
Muriel Williams Battle High School (commonly Battle) is a coeducational public secondary school in Columbia, Missouri, United States, that opened for 2013 summer school on June 3, 2013, and started its first school year in August 2013. The school serves students in grades 9–12, however seniors will not attend the first year of operation. It is one of four public high schools in the Columbia Public School District.
Columbia's population growth was well over 20% between the 2000 and 2010 censuses. The city is expected to grow most rapidly in the north and east directions in the following decades. Anticipating this a 120 million dollar bond issue was passed in April 2010 to fund the construction of a fourth high school, Battle.
Battle is located in what is currently the suburban fringe of east Columbia just north of I-70.
The following sports are offered to students at Battle:
- Baseball (boys)
- Basketball (girls & boys)
- Cross country (girls & boys)
- Football (boys)
- Golf (girls & boys)
- Softball (girls)
- Soccer (girls & boys)
- Swimming & diving (girls & boys)
- Tennis (girls & boys)
- Track & field (girls & boys)
- Volleyball (girls)
- Wrestling (boys)
- Marching Band (Girls and boys)
- "Battle High School gets first principal". Columbia Daily Tribune. Retrieved 2012-02-29.
- staff. "Columbia Public Schools 2013-14 Enrollment (Head Count)" (PDF). CPS. Retrieved 14 June 2014.
- ::MSHSAA::Battle High School - School Information
- Construction at Battle High School proceeds on schedule and budget - Columbia Missourian
- Columbia Public Schools
- School, city officials coordinate growth, funding plans - Columbia Daily Tribune | Columbia Missouri: Education
- BattleSpartans | The Official Site of Spartan Athletics