Battle of Cádiz
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
(Redirected from Battle of Cádiz (disambiguation))
- Battle of Cádiz (1587): in the Anglo-Spanish War, Francis Drake torched the harbour's merchant ships but was repelled outside the city.
- Battle of Cádiz (1596): a raid by Charles Howard and Robert Devereux in the Anglo-Spanish War.
- Battle of Cádiz (1625): an unsuccessful raid by an English force under the Duke of Buckingham.
- Battle of Cádiz (1640): a French squadron led by Armand de Maillé-Brézé attacked a Spanish convoy during the Thirty Years' War.
- Battle of Cádiz (1656): an operation in the Anglo-Spanish War (1654) in which an English fleet destroyed and captured a Spanish treasure fleet.
- Battle of Cádiz (1669): the Mary Rose under John Kempthorne fought off seven Algerine ships.
- Battle of Cádiz (1702): in the War of the Spanish Succession, Francisco de Villadarias defeated an Anglo-Dutch force led by George Rooke.
- Blockade of Cadiz (1762) prevented Spanish ships leaving port and going to the aid of Spain's colonies which were under British attack
- Blockade of Cádiz (1797) Defense of Cádiz against the Royal Navy led by Mazarredo.
- Battle of Cádiz (1810): in the Peninsular War, the French besieged an allied army in the city.
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Battle of Cádiz.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.