The Battle of Mandsaur took place in India between Marathas, commanded by Malharrao Holkar, and Jaisingh of Rajputs of Amber, in which Jaisingh was defeated in February, 1733. Malhar Rao Holkar then conquered Bundelkhand and Bundi.
The battle took place in the year 1733 A.D. The Maratha Empire was in expansion mode and wanted to conquer northwest India from Rajputs. Their main enemies were the Kachhwaha Rajputs of Amber.
The Maratha victory at the Battle of Mandsaur had the following consequences:
- Scindias and Holkars were emboldened to renew their attack on Rajasthan.
- Kota and Bundi were made the next targets in the same year by the Marathas.
See also 
- ^ P. K. Sethi, S. K. Bhatt, R. Holkar., A study of Holkar state coinage, page 32
- ^ a b D.L. Paliwal, Mewar through the ages, page 45
- ^ S.R. Bakshi And O.P. Ralhan, Madhya Pradesh Through the Ages, page 362