Battle on Shangganling Mountain
|Battle on Shangganling Mountain|
DVD front cover
|Directed by||Lin Shan
Battle on Shangganling Mountain follows a group of Chinese People's Volunteer Army soldiers who are holding Triangle Hill for several days against US forces. Short of both food and water, they hold their ground until the relief troops arrive. The movie portray the battle as a Chinese victory over an American invasion, and the People's Volunteer Army soldiers were shown as Chinese war heroes. The film's style and view of the battle have been contrasted with the 1959 American film Porkchop Hill.
The spirit of Shangganling
The battle of Shangganling has become a symbol of Chinese "die for the sake of motherland" heroism, and also the symbol of fighting spirit of the Chinese military. Taking into account of the absolute superiority of American ground artillery power and air power, resulting in People's Volunteer Army regaining their original positions against high American and South Korean casualties, the Chinese promote it as a military victory with emphasis on Chinese soldier's endurance and sacrifice.
White House performance controversy
- "My Motherland", a popular song featured in the film
- Borkowski, Walt (2001-09-13). "Oral History Interview - Thomas Martin". Trenton, NJ: Department of Military & Veterans Affairs, State of New Jersey. Archived from the original on 3 March 2009. Retrieved 2009-02-05.
- http://tv.people.com.cn/GB/79889/9443841.html 线观看：老电影《上甘岭》（1956年）
- Paul G. Pickowicz, "Revisiting Cold War Propaganda: Close Readings of Chinese and American Film Representations of the Korean War," Journal of American-East Asian Relations 17 (2010): 352-371.
- http://news.sohu.com/20060505/n243116799.shtml 上甘岭精神 |来源：解放军报
- http://blog.gmw.cn/u/60532/archives/2010/271476.html “上甘岭”成为中国军人敢打必胜的代名词 人民网2010年08月17日08:44 来源：《中国青年报》
- Richter, Paul. Chinese-born pianist denies he played song to insult U.S. Los Angeles Times 25 January 2011; http://www.latimes.com/news/nationworld/nation/la-na-white-house-pianist-20110125,0,52927.story
|This article related to Chinese film is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a war film is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|