Batu (given name)
Turkic: Prevailing, Preponderant
|Region of origin||Central Asia|
|Related names||Batuhan, Batıkan, Baturay, Doğu, Doğukan|
|Popularity||see popular names|
|Look up Batu in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Batu is a common masculine Central Asian name.
In Turkish, "Batu" means "Prevailing", and/or "Preponderant". It also connotes "The West" since "Batu" resembles the word "Batı" which means "west" in Turkish.
In Mongolia, Bat was a component of the most popular name in the country, Bat-Erdene, meaning "firm jewel".
- Saru Batu Savcı Bey, Ertuğrul's eldest son and older brother of Osman I and Gündüz see Turkish Wikipedia article.
- Batu Khan, Mongol ruler and founder of the Golden Horde.
- Batumöngke Dayan Khagan, 15th century Mongol khagan.
- Batu Çetin, founder and vocalist of Cenotaph
- Bat-Erdene Badmaanyambuu, Traditional wrestler and a member of the State Great Assembly of Mongolia.
- Sükhbaataryn Batbold, Prime minister of Mongolia.
- Nyamjavyn Batbayar, Mongolian politician
- Batjargalyn Batbayar, Mongolian politician and businessman
- Bat-Erdeniin Batbayar, Mongolian politician, biochemist, and publisher
|This page or section lists people that share the same given name. If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change that link to point directly to the intended article.|