||An automated process has detected links on this page on the local or global blacklist.|
Batu Ferengi (Foreigner's Rock) is a beach area in Penang, Malaysia. Along this famous beach area, there are numerous large hotels, restaurants, transport rental services, and souvenir stores. Batu Ferringhi is located adjacent to Teluk Bahang and Tanjung Bungah. Visitors can purchase pirated DVD's and CD's and knock off copies of designer brands such as Gucci and Jimmy Choo at the towns's night markets.
For tourists, Batu Ferengi features hotels such as Hard Rock Hotel Penang, Hydro Hotel, Holiday Inn, Bayview Beach Resort, Golden Sands Resort, Grand Plaza Parkroyal Penang, Shangri-La's Rasa Sayang Resort and Spa, etc. It is also famous for its Night Market, featuring many foreigners at night. Beach boys would able to service the many tourists to this place.
Batu Ferengi was hit by the 2004 Indian Ocean tsunami. No lives were lost. This was unlike other parts of the island where lives were lost to the tsunami.
There are also many luxury condominiums found in Batu Feringgi. The Ship restaurant is located in Batu Feringgi. It is a seafood heaven inside. The Amway shop is also located in Batu Feringgi.
International school are in Batu Feringgi and the road along Jalan Batu Feringgi is not straight. Kite playing can be played in Batu Feringgi beach.
Batu Feringgi is located half an hour from the Penang ferry and it is an hour journey from the airport.
- Batu Ferringhi travel guide from Wikivoyage
- Official Penang State Tourism Information on Batu Ferringhi
- Tourism Malaysia - Batu Ferringhi Beach
- Batu Ferringhi: Marina terrace beach area/Balik Pulau 29 beach area/Old british mansion from Photo-outing.com
- Information on Batu Ferringhi accommodation rental
- Information about Batu Ferringhi and tourist services
- At least 53 malaysians were killed, but Batu Ferringhi is not mentioned here
|This Malaysian location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|