Batumi International Airport
|Batumi International Airport
ბათუმის საერთაშორისო აეროპორტი
|IATA: BUS – ICAO: UGSB
|Operator||TAV Airports Holding|
|Hub for||Georgian Airways|
|Elevation AMSL||105 ft / 32 m|
|Source: AIP Georgia, DAFIF|
Batumi International Airport (IATA: BUS, ICAO: UGSB) is an airport located 2 km (1.2 mi) south of Batumi, a city on the Black Sea coast and capital of Adjara, an autonomous republic in southwest Georgia. The airport is 20 km (12 mi) northeast of Hopa, Turkey, and serves as a domestic and international airport for Georgia and northeastern Turkey.
Batumi is one of three international airports in operation in Georgia (along with Tbilisi International Airport serving Georgian capital and David the Builder International Airport in Georgia's second largest city Kutaisi). The new airport terminal has been in operation since 26 May 2007. With a total area of 4,256 square metres (45,810 sq ft), it is capable of handling 600,000 passengers a year.
Airlines and destinations
Batumi International Airport has noted a significant growth in the number of passengers since its renovation carried out by TAV Airports Holding in 2007. In 2011, the airport handled 134,000 passengers, an increase of 51% over the previous year.
|Year||Total passengers||Change from previous year|
- Airport information for UGSB from DAFIF (effective October 2006)
- Airport information for BUS at Great Circle Mapper. Source: DAFIF (effective Oct. 2006).
- batumiairport.com – Airport profile (p.11)
- "Georgian Airways Interactive Map". Georgian Airways. Retrieved 15 October 2013.
- "TIMETABLE". Georgian Airways. Retrieved 26 March 2014.
- "Our flight network expands in Georgia and Ukraine". Pegasus Airlines. Retrieved 22 August 2012.
- "New direction from Pegasus Airlines". Georgian Avia Service Agency LLC. Retrieved 11 July 2012.
- batumiairport.com – Airport profile (p.15)
- Batumi Airport – Airport Statistics
- Georgian Civil Aviation Agency – Number of Passengers Served
- "Международный аэропорт Батуми пропустил в 2013 году на 24,01% больше пассажиров". "Бизнес Грузия". 15 January 2014. Retrieved 16 January 2014.
- Batumi Airport, official site
- Current weather for UGSB at NOAA/NWS
- Accident history for BUS at Aviation Safety Network