From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
(Redirected from Baulk)
|Look up balk in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
A balk is an illegal motion by a baseball pitcher.
Balk or baulk may also refer to:
- Something left untouched, from in the Scots term bauk; this led to the word's current meaning a hindrance or check. From this, some uses developed:
- A horse is said to baulk when it refuses its rider's instructions.
- A baulk is an evasive technique/manoeuvre in the sport of Australian rules football.
- To be baulked is the act of being slowed or stopped due to traffic, usually at an island in cycling time trials.
- Balk and baulk are defined areas on various types of billiard table.
- Abraham Balk, American fencer
- Fairuza Balk (born 1974), American film actress
- Hermann Balk, 13th century Master of the Teutonic and Livonian Orders
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.