The Bay City Times
|Type||three-times weekly newspaper, plus a joint edition with The Saginaw News|
|Owner(s)||Advance Magazine Publishers, Inc. D.B.A. Booth Newspapers, Inc.|
|Headquarters||Bay City, Michigan, USA|
|Sister newspapers||Times Plus|
The Bay City Times is a newspaper published in Bay City, Michigan, United States, published Thursdays, Fridays and Sundays, with a Tuesday edition jointly-published with The Saginaw News. The paper is published by Booth Newspapers, owned by Advance Publications. The paper is the most widely circulated newspaper in northeastern Michigan. The newspaper began in 1873 and remains one of the oldest newspapers still in circulation.
The paper originally published seven days a week until June 1, 2009, when the Times and its sister papers, The Saginaw News and The Flint Journal, reduced publishing to three times a week (Thursday, Friday and Sunday) while increasing their web presence. The Times, along with the News and the Journal, are published at the Booth-owned Valley Publishing Co. printing plant in Monitor Township, near Bay City.
On March 30, 2010, The Bay City Times and The Saginaw News launched a joint Tuesday print edition, Great Lakes Bay Edition, which is available at selected locations in Bay, Saginaw and Midland Counties. Both the News and the Times share the same sports section and staff, Kyle Austin, Hugh Bernreuter, Cory Butzin and Lee Thompson, and the same features sections and staff. Both newspapers and the Flint Journal share the same radio and television writer, Sue White.
- "Audit Bureau of Circulations, Circulation averages for the six months ended: 3/31/2012". Retrieved 2012-09-20.
- "Searchable directory of online sources". Lexis Nexis. Retrieved 2008-02-09.
- Bay City Times: "The Bay City Times announces big changes", 3/23/2009.
- Flint Journal: "Flint Journal to publish 3 days a week", 3/23/2009.
- The Bay City Times: A look back at Bay City Times history", 3/24/2009.
- The Saginaw News: "The Saginaw News to partner with The Bay City Times for Great Lakes Bay Tuesday print edition", March 14, 2010.
- The Saginaw News: "Remember to pick up your Great Lakes Bay Edition Tuesday newspaper at a nearby newsstand", March 28, 2010.