Bay Ridge Christian College
|Bay Ridge Christian College|
|Religious affiliation||Church of God|
|President||Rev. Stanford L. Simmons, Sr., Ed.D|
|Location||Fort Bend County, Texas,
|Colors||Royal Blue, Gold, and White
This two-year Christian junior college, offers a college credit program (a two-year Ministerial Certificate) and a continuing education program called the Ministry and Leadership Development Institute.
Bay Ridge is a two-year liberal arts junior college that provides an alternative college experience for students who may not be prepared to attend a four-year college or university. Bay Ridge graduates may transfer to four-year universities or colleges to pursue their bachelor's degree pursuant to their admission/transfer policies.
Currently, the college does not hold accreditation, but is seeking degree-granting authority and accreditation with the Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board (THECB) and the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (SACS).
- Allied Health Care
- Logistics and transportation
- Specialized Technology
|Robert C. Williams||1987–1991|
|Verda E. Beach||1996–2005|
|Dr. Stanford Simmons||2005–present|
Bay Ridge Christian College was founded by Dr. James Horace Germany in 1953 in Union, Mississippi to prepare African-American leadership for both urban and rural churches and the communities they serve.
On September 27, 2008, the college's Board of Trustees announced that Bay Ridge Christian College would become a two-year residential Christian junior college for African-American males.
- Choral groups
- Religious organizations
- Student government
- Intercollegiate athletics
|Bay Ridge Eagles|
|University||Bay Ridge Christian College|
|Conference||Association of Christian College Athletics|
Royal Blue Gold White
Bay Ridge Christian College formerly competed in the Association of Christian College Athletics (ACCA), in men's basketball. The school's colors are Royal Blue, Gold, and White and the nickname is the Eagles.
|Dr. Alvin Dillard||Pastor of Faith Community Church (Killeen, Texas) and President of Building Stone Bible College (Killeen, Texas)|||
|Dr. Robert C. Williams||Associate Professor of Education and Program Coordinator of Secondary Education (Sam Houston State University)|||
- "BRCC History". Retrieved 2007-04-03.
- Orr-Klopfer, Susan; Klopfer, Fred (2006). Block, ed. "Where Rebels Roost: Mississippi Civil Rights Revisited". lulu. pp. ix – x.
|last1=in Editors list (help)
- "Bay Ridge Christian College". Chicagoland Area Minister's Fellowship. Retrieved 2009-04-29.[dead link]
- "International Institute of Faith Based Counseling Certified Instructors". Archived from the original on 15 April 2007. Retrieved 2007-05-08.[dead link]
- "Sam Houston State University Graduate Catalog". Archived from the original on 19 June 2007. Retrieved 2007-05-08.
- Germany, Horace At Any Cost, (Anderson, Indiana: Warner Press, 2000)