|Time zone||EAT (UTC+3)|
Bayla has a population of around 16,700 inhabitants. The broader Bayla District has a total population of 14,376 residents. Bayla is primarily inhabited by people from the Somali ethnic group, with the Majeerteen and Leelkase Darod well-represented.
Bayla has a number of academic institutions. According to the Puntland Ministry of Education, there are 13 primary schools in the Bayla District. Among these are Rasul-Macbar, Kulule, Caris and Qoton.
- Chittick, Neville (1975). An Archaeological Reconnaissance in the Horn: The British-Somali Expedition, 1975. p. 127.
- "Somalia: Extent of Affected Areas due to Tsunami" (PDF). World Health Organization. January 18, 2005. Retrieved February 12, 2007.
- "Somalia City & Town Population". Tageo. Retrieved 4 October 2013.
- "Regions, districts, and their populations: Somalia 2005 (draft)". UNDP. Retrieved 21 September 2013.
- "Puntland - Primary schools". Ministry of Education of Puntland. Retrieved 26 May 2013.
|This Somalia location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|