Bayou Plaquemine Brule
Bayou Plaquemine Brule (/ /; historically spelled Plakemines; translated to "burnt persimmon bayou") is a waterway in the Mermentau River basin of south Louisiana. The bayou is 58 miles (93 km) long and is navigable for 19 miles (31 km) of its lower course.
One of the first settlers of the area was Michel Comeau.
- "Course Of The River Mississipi, from the Balise to Fort Chartres. Ross, Lieut. 1775" rumsey.geogarage.com
- www.acadiansingray.com "Historical Names - Southwestern Bayous"
- U.S. Geological Survey. National Hydrography Dataset high-resolution flowline data. The National Map, accessed June 20, 2011
- www.bartleby.com "Plaquemine Brule, Bayou"
- www.garylavergne.com "Settlements and Settlers: Some Acadian Pioneers"
|This Louisiana state location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|