Bayswater railway station, Melbourne
Southbound view in March 2007
|Location||Station Street, Bayswater|
|Distance||30.84 kilometres from Southern Cross|
|Platforms||2 (1 island)|
|Fare zone||Myki zone 2|
|Website||Public Transport Victoria|
|Opened||4 December 1889|
The current island platform opened on 19 December 1982, as part of the duplication of the line between Bayswater and Ringwood stations. It was once the destination for freight trains conveying cement, the last train running on 24 June 1987 when the traffic was relocated to Lyndhurst station, near Dandenong. Bayswater was upgraded to a Premium station in 2001.
In 1998 a train maintenance and stabling facilities opened as part of the replacement of Jolimont Yard. The buildings are approximately 2,850 m² in size, and permit bogie repair and replacement, under carriage and overhead work.
Platforms & services
Ventura Bus Lines operate four routes via Bayswater station:
- 664: Chirnside Park Shopping Centre - Westfield Knox
- 745: to Westfield Knox
- 753: to Glen Waverley station
- 755: to Westfield Knox
- Bayswater Vicsig
- VR History by Andrew Waugh
- "Traffic". Newsrail (Australian Railway Historical Society): page 280. September 1987.
- architectus. "Public Transport Corporation Train Maintenance Facility". www.architectus.com.au. Retrieved 2008-07-21.
- Belgrave Line timetable Public Transport Victoria
- Route 664 Chirnside Park - Knox City timetable Public Transport Victoria
- Route 745 Knox City -Bayswater timetable Public Transport Victoria
- Route 753 Glen Waverley - Bayswater timetable Public Transport Victoria
- Route 755 Bayswater - Knox City timetable Public Transport Victoria
Media related to Bayswater railway station, Melbourne at Wikimedia Commons