Bayt Umm al-Mays
|Bayt Umm al-Mays|
|Date of depopulation||October 21, 1948|
|Cause(s) of depopulation||Military assault by Yishuv forces|
Bayt Umm al-Mays was a small Palestinian Arab village in the Jerusalem Subdistrict. It was depopulated during the 1948 Arab-Israeli War on October 21, 1948 by the Har'el Brigade of Operation ha-Har. It was located 14 km west of Jerusalem.
In 1945, the village had a population of 70.
- Morris, 2004, p.xx, village #344. Also gives cause of depopulation, both with a "?"
- Hadawi, Sami (1970), Village Statistics of 1945: A Classification of Land and Area ownership in Palestine, Palestine Liberation Organization Research Center
- Khalidi, Walid (1992), All That Remains: The Palestinian Villages Occupied and Depopulated by Israel in 1948, Washington D.C.: Institute for Palestine Studies, ISBN 0-88728-224-5
- Morris, Benny (2004). The Birth of the Palestinian Refugee Problem Revisited. Cambridge University Press. ISBN 978-0-521-00967-6.
- Welcome To Bayt Umm al-Mays
- Bayt Umm al-Mays, from the Khalil Sakakini Cultural Center
- Bayt Umm al- Mays Palestine Family.net
|This geography of Palestine article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|