|Focus||Hospitality exchange, international understanding, networking|
|39 language versions|
BeWelcome (often abbreviated as BW) is a hospitality exchange service that is run by a non-profit organization. The website was founded in February 2007. As of January 2015, the organisation has more than 72,000 members in more than 150 countries all around the world, who offer free accommodation and help during travel. Joining is free and the software behind the site, the BW-rox platform, is free and open-source software.
Members can contact each other for information about the offered accommodation or to request to stay. The service requires that the exchange be non-commercial. Members can also leave feedback on their experiences.
BeWelcome is the result of a project created in October 2006 by dissatisfied volunteers of the Hospitality Club network. They founded the official non-profit association, BeVolunteer, which manages the BeWelcome.org website which is registered in Rennes, France.
- Baker, Vicky (26 August 2011). "Budget Travel: Not-for-profit Couchsurfing becomes a company (with a conscience)". The Guardian. Retrieved 2 January 2015.
- Statistics at BeWelcome
- BeWelcome Rox at Gitorious.org
- Countries, BeWelcome.org. accessed 2 January 2015.
- Baker, Vicky (18 April 2008). "Going local in Caracas, Venezuela". The Guardian.
- Bokėj, Romuald (2008). "Apsikeitimas svetingumu" (PDF). Žalioji Lietuva (in Lithuanian) 298 (6). ISSN 1392-7167. Retrieved 2007-10-10.
- Kugel, Seth (7 January 2014). "Tips for Travel Savings in 2014". The New York Times.