Be with You (Atomic Kitten song)
|"Be with You"|
|Single by Atomic Kitten|
|from the album Feels So Good (Special Edition) and Ladies Night|
|B-side||"For Once in My Life"|
|Released||25 November 2002|
|Format||CD single, music download|
|Recorded||Motor Museum Studios|
|Genre||Pop, dance pop, disco|
|Writer(s)||Greg Wilson, Tracey Carmen, Martin Foster, Jeff Lynne|
|Producer(s)||Ash Howes and Martin Harrington|
|Atomic Kitten singles chronology|
"Be with You" is a song by British girl group Atomic Kitten. The song was written by Greg Wilson, Tracey Carmen and Martin Foster and is an adaptation of Electric Light Orchestra's song "Last Train to London", written by Jeff Lynne. Released in 2002 as a double a-side with "The Last Goodbye", the third single off their second album Feels So Good in the UK. The song was not part of any UK release of Feels So Good but was included on international editions and eventually on the third album Ladies Night in 2003. As a standalone single, the song became a hit in Australia, peaking at number ten, and number 15 in New Zealand.
The original version of "Be with You" was actually by Liverpool based writers, Bionic (Greg Wilson, Tracey Carmen and Martin Foster). In 1999, Martin Foster had the idea and sampled up the instrumental strings and chorus segments to create a sketch of a disco track with the notion of making a club track that could be a hit for seeing in the new millennium. Carmen and Wilson heard the potential in the sketch and collaborated with Foster to take the idea further.
The verse lyrics were actually penned by Greg Wilson and, in fact, a third verse was written and never used. Bionic had signed a production deal with Innocent Records and began auditioning a number of female singers to front the single, however it was soon decided that the song would be an ideal disco track for Atomic Kitten and the label had demos mixed by other production teams. In 2002, Innocent Records released two 12" promos featuring remixes of the original Bionic track. Mixes on the discs were by Olav Basovski and MaUVe.
The single was a worldwide success, reaching the top 40 in every country where it was released. The single peaked at number 2 on the UK Singles Chart on its first week of release. It stayed on the chart for 12 weeks, and managed to sell 182,695 copies in the UK alone. It is Atomic Kitten's fifth-best-selling single in the UK, after "Whole Again", "The Tide Is High (Get the Feeling)", and "Eternal Flame". The single also was a top 10 hit in The Republic of Ireland, and like the UK, was their fourth-best-selling single there. In New Zealand, the single went straight in at 11, just missing the top 10. Atomic Kitten never promoted their singles in New Zealand, yet went on to have three number ones, four top tens, and 8 top twenties. In other words, all of their singles released in New Zealand peaked in the top 20, with the exception of "Right Now", which only managed to peak at 40. The song was a top 20 hit in The Netherlands and Austria, again, a success, considering they never promoted it over there. Although their lowest charting hit in Denmark, it still managed to peak at 20. Denmark is the only country for every one of Atomic Kitten's singles to reach the top 20. In Germany and Switzerland, the single was a top 30 hit, and in Belgium and Sweden the single was a top 40 hit.
It opens with the doors opening in the nightclub. Liz, Natasha and Jenny are dancing in a green and blue nightclub at the disco. Natasha is on the chairs in a pub, Liz is near a wall and Jenny is laying down on the dancefloor. Then the girl group are dancing in the disco in the nightclub. During the bridge section, they turn the volume down. The previous single was "The Last Goodbye".
- Be With You (Radio/Album Version) - 3:39
- Be With You (Extended Version) - 4:38
- Be With You (Groove Brother Radio Edit) - 3:34
- Be With You (Groove Brother 12" Mix) - 5:38
- Be With You (Milky Radio Edit) - 3:37
- Be With You (Milky 12" Mix) - 6:32
- Be With You (Todd Terry Radio Edit) - 3:38
- Be With You (Todd Terry 12" Remix) - 6:09
- Be With You (Todd Terry Dub) - 6:43
|Austria (Ö3 Austria Top 40)||34|
|Belgium (Ultratop 50 Flanders)||29|
|Belgium (Ultratip Wallonia)||11|
|Germany (Media Control AG)||36|
|Hungary (Rádiós Top 40)||6|
Double A-side "The Last Goodbye/Be with You"
|Netherlands (Dutch Top 40)||27|
|New Zealand (Recorded Music NZ)||15|
|Switzerland (Schweizer Hitparade)||39|
|Turkey (Turkish Singles Chart)||37|
|UK Singles (Official Charts Company)
Double A-side "The Last Goodbye/Be with You"
MAX cover version
|"Be With You"|
|Single by MAX|
|from the album Jewel of Jewels|
|Released||30 June 2004|
|Producer(s)||Gee & Satoshi Hidaka (GTS)|
|MAX singles chronology|
"Be with You" is MAX's 27th single and their last on the main avex trax label before the group was moved to the Vision Factory associated avex subsidiary, Sonic Groove. It is a Japanese cover of Atomic Kitten's "Be With You." The song was used as the image song for FamilyMart Dream Match.
|1.||"Be With You"||Keiko Yamamoto, Jeff Lynne||4:10|
|2.||"Don't Lose Yourself"||DJ Pine, Yasushi Sasamoto||3:21|
|3.||"Be With You (Instrumental)"||Jeff Lynne||4:10|
|4.||"Don't Lose Yourself (Instrumental)"||Yasushi Sasamoto||3:20|
Personnel and production
Be with You
- Production - Gee & Satoshi Hidaka (GTS)
- Arrangement - Satoshi Hadaka
- Programming - Satoshi Hadaka
- Mixing - Yoshiaki Onishi
- Recording - Sayuri Taguchi
Don't Lose Yourself
- Synthesizer Programming - Yasushi Sasamoto
- Electric Guitar - Nozomi Furukawa
- Electric Sitar - Nozomi Furukawa
- Mixing - Junya Endo
- Recording - Sayuri Taguchi
Oricon Sales Chart (Japan)
|Release||Chart||Peak Position||Sales Total||Chart Run|
|30 June 2004||Oricon Weekly Singles Chart||34||5.104||2 weeks|
- "Australian-charts.com – Atomic Kitten – Be with You". ARIA Top 50 Singles. Retrieved 23 November 2011.
- "Atomic Kitten – Be with You – Austriancharts.at" (in German). Ö3 Austria Top 40. Retrieved 23 November 2011.
- "Ultratop.be – Atomic Kitten – Be with You" (in Dutch). Ultratop 50. Retrieved 23 November 2011.
- "Ultratop.be – Atomic Kitten – Be with You" (in French). Ultratip. Retrieved 23 November 2011.
- "Danishcharts.com – Atomic Kitten – Be with You". Tracklisten. Retrieved 23 November 2011.
- "Lescharts.com – Atomic Kitten – Be with You" (in French). Les classement single. Retrieved 23 November 2011.
- "Atomic Kitten > Chartverfolgung > Single" (in German). Media Control Charts. Phononet GmbH. Retrieved 23 November 2011.
- "Archívum – Slágerlisták – MAHASZ – Magyar Hanglemezkiadók Szövetsége" (in Hungarian). Rádiós Top 40 játszási lista. Magyar Hanglemezkiadók Szövetsége. Retrieved 23 November 2011.
- "Chart Track: Week 49, 2002". Irish Singles Chart. Retrieved 23 November 2011.
- "Hit Parade Italia – Indice per Interprete: A" (in Italian). Italian Singles Chart. FIMI. Retrieved 23 November 2011.
- "Nederlandse Top 40 – week 13, 2003" (in Dutch). Dutch Top 40 Retrieved 23 November 2011.
- "Charts.org.nz – Atomic Kitten – If You Come to Me". Top 40 Singles. Retrieved 23 November 2011.
- "Swedishcharts.com – Atomic Kitten – If You Come to Me". Singles Top 60. Retrieved 23 November 2011.
- "Atomic Kitten – If You Come to Me – swisscharts.com". Swiss Singles Chart. Retrieved 23 November 2011.
- TTNET Singles Chart
- "Archive Chart" UK Singles Chart. Retrieved 23 November 2011.
- "MAX Oricon Music".