Beach Fossils performing live at SXSW
|Origin||Brooklyn, New York|
|Genres||Indie rock, lo-fi, indie pop|
|Associated acts||DIIV, Heavenly Beat|
Beach Fossils is an American indie rock band from Brooklyn, New York, formed in 2009. The group currently includes Dustin Payseur, Tommy Gardner, Jack Doyle Smith and Tommy Davidson. They are known for their lo-fi, atmospheric sound and Payseur's vocal style.
Formed in 2009, the act was originally a means to expand the solo project of Dustin Payseur. That same year bassist John Peña and guitarist Christopher Burke were recruited as the lineup for their initial tour. Their debut single, Daydream/Desert Sand was released in February 2010 on Captured Tracks. In May 2010, their self-titled debut album was released, met with favorable reviews.
The following years saw a number of changes to their lineup, including when John Peña left the band in 2011 to form Heavenly Beat, and guitarist Cole Smith, who left for his solo project, DIIV. In 2012, Tommy Gardner stepped in as the drummer to form their current lineup. Clash the Truth was released in early 2013, peaking at number 40 on the Independent Albums chart.
- Beach Fossils (2010)
- Clash the Truth (2013)
Singles and EPs
- Daydream (2010)
- Face It (2010)
- What a Pleasure (2011)
- Careless (2012)
- Shallow (2012)
- Reges, Margaret. "Beach Fossils". allmusic. Retrieved 7 July 2013.
- "Beach Fossils Review". BBC Music. Retrieved 7 July 2013.
- Levine, Matthew. "Beach Fossils @ Bowery Ballroom: February 23, 2013". CMJ. Retrieved 7 July 2013.
- Sendra, Tim. "Beach Fossils - Beach Fossils". allmusic. Retrieved 7 July 2013.
- Cosores, Philip. "Beach Fossils: Clash the Truth". Paste Magazine. Retrieved 7 July 2013.
- Brelhan, Tom. "Beach Fossils – "Careless"". Stereogum. Retrieved 7 July 2013.
- Cohen, Ian. "Beach Fossils: Clash the Truth". Pitchfork. Retrieved 7 July 2013.
- "BEACH FOSSILS". Elastic Artists. Retrieved 7 July 2013.
- "Beach Fossils". Billboard. Retrieved 7 July 2013.